E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > I think my JBD just crapped out

05-08-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
natefank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

I think my JBD just crapped out

So I've been having a weird intermittent issue, on the freeway slowing down I'd get a miss every now and then, and a slight miss at idle, I figured it was the beginning stages of CBU. I never had a SES light come on. Well today when I left work I got to the first stop light and it was mossing real bad, like car was shaking bad, so I turned it of and back on, same issue. Drive home, hang out for a bit and head to dinner, same thing! So I started thinking it had to be the JBD since there wasn't any codes. After dinner I unplugged it and drove home, the miss was gone! And so was some power :-( I was the third owner of this jbd and the case was a little warped so I think some water got in. I think I may see if Burger can rebuild it
Appreciate 0