E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Interior Swap Request

02-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: something slowwwww

Interior Swap Request

I knew Jade Grey was an available interior for Canada but not the US and really wanted to order it but it didn't go as planned. I currently have Saddle. ANYONE INTERESTED in an interior swap? I understand that production doesn't start until Feb so this is an advance request.

My car is currently being delivered and has not arrived yet which should be here around March. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks

P.S. I know this may be a long shot but couldn't hurt to try right?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

E90 or E92?
zsp or no?
heated seats or no? (all Canadian specc'd 328/335s come equipped with heated seats, and the seat heating elements are sewn into the seat cover)

Also, shipping will be a bitch, not to mention expensive.
      02-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

And don't forget about the door panels, for E90/91, you'd have to ship the 4 door panels in its entirety, can't just take the leather panels apart, unless you rip it out and glue it back on, which I don't think any potential swappers would want to do. Besides, if they had wanted saddle, they would've ordered it from the get go, your best bet would be to wait a while and find a donor car from the junkyard OR get an aftermarket shop to retrim your interior; these two choices would be the most cost-efficient.
      02-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
He's got Saddle on order, so it's an E92.
But yeah, ZSP or not, and heated seats or not?

Now that Jade Grey is a P1 option in the US, your dealer may be able to order them, for an unreal cost. I'd stick to Saddle.
      02-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
He's got Saddle on order, so it's an E92.
But yeah, ZSP or not, and heated seats or not?

Now that Jade Grey is a P1 option in the US, your dealer may be able to order them, for an unreal cost. I'd stick to Saddle.
What do you mean an "unreal cost"? It costs you nothing, or more specifically, the same as any other leather.
      02-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
I knew Jade Grey was an available interior for Canada but not the US and really wanted to order it but it didn't go as planned. I currently have Saddle. ANYONE INTERESTED in an interior swap? I understand that production doesn't start until Feb so this is an advance request.

My car is currently being delivered and has not arrived yet which should be here around March. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks

P.S. I know this may be a long shot but couldn't hurt to try right?
If you really want Jade, why don't you just refuse delivery of your car on order and just order another car? There will be a long wait, but if you do want it that bad...
      02-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #7
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu View Post
What do you mean an "unreal cost"? It costs you nothing, or more specifically, the same as any other leather.
Well he's already ordered the car with Saddle, and it's in-route. With the exception of refusing the car and reordering it, the only options are to swap with someone, or order the seats/trim panels from the dealer and try and sell his saddle parts.
I don't think he'll have much luck finding someone to swap; and I'm sure the cost the dealer would charge is more then any reasonable person would pay.
      02-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

I have ZSP seats and w/o heat.
I was thinking if someone was looking for Saddle that they could order Jade Gray and I would give them my Saddle + some Cash.
This is just a long shot. If someone is willing great or else I'll just live with Saddle. I had prices for just a seat and that's more than the leather option itself. Definitely not worth it that route
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

If someone want saddle they'll order it, I doubt anyone is willing to take out all the panels and seats of their brand new car. I would just order a different car if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #10
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

I wish I could order another car but it's just not an option.
Thanks for all the assistance, my fellow members
Appreciate 0