E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Downpipe install problems

05-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
Peepyopi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i E92

Downpipe install problems

So today I went on the treacherous journey of installing XI downpipes. What a nightmare. All was done on a lift. So I removed the exhaust, dropped the subframe and began with the front turbo dp. Has anyone else had problems with the bolts in the vbands? Mine looked fine, no rust or corrosion, but they were siezed. Finally got it off after a long while. Got the o2 sensors off and pulled that one out. Then I started on the rear turbo. That bolt on that vband was siezed as well and ended up stripping the head of it, oh well, I had the right tools to get it out, but, then the threads stripped.. WTF. By the grace of god, I was able to fit a die grinder up there and get it off. Cut to - both are out and I'm installing my new VRSF DP's. FINALLY. put on the o2 sensors and installed the rear turbo dp first then the front. Cut - to, everything is bolted up and ready to go, exhaust back on. I start is up and immediately hear a rattle with low throttle input. Then as I'm driving, the front o2 sensor on the front turbo popped off.. Has this happened to anyone? Maybe I just didn't tighten it enough? And am I going to have to drop the subframe again just to get the o2 sensor back on?

'08 E90 FBO -- SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Contact VRSF, they will offer you advice on how to make the installation go smoother

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0