F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Car sits uneven...?!
ARMA SPEED

05-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
nikhil1423
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mineral Grey 335xi

Car sits uneven...?!

Hey guys, I've noticed over the last few weeks that when I walk out to my car in the mornings, it sits uneven. By this I mean that it seems that the car has settled and that the two front and driver rear wheels have huge clearance. I mean it looks like the car isn't even lowered at all on those three wheels. The rear right, however, sits nice and tucked- even a bit lower than normal. wtf is going on?!

Background: I have Dinan springs on my 14 335xi with 12 and 15mm spacers. i've had the springs in for about 8 months and this just started happening recently - since i got new tires. after driving around for ~20 miles (my commute) the car seems to be sitting normal on even pavement. My driveway is angled (nothing crazy though) and i park with the nose in. Thus it seems that maybe the weight settles to the rear axle of the car, but it doesn't make sense that this started happening all of a sudden.

could it be alignment? I'm not sure where else to look. I'm a BMW Genius (sounds pretentious i know) at a dealership and I've never come across this kind of issue before. None of my fellows geniuses nor my shop foreman were able to figure it out.

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this before I put her in the air and fork out cash for an alignment.

Any feedback helps!
Performance: FBO; MPE, Brembo M BBK, ER CP, ER DP, Phoenix IC, JB4, KW V2, Mechunik Front Tower Strut Brace, Michelin PS AS3+, JL Audio W6 10" HO sealed/ported box, and a bunch of other stuff you probably don't care about either.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
johnsjmc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320i

It,s possible a spring has sagged a bit but you can,t really tell on a sloped surface. Park the car on as flat a surface as you can find. Then measure to the same spot on both side front and rear. Perhaps the rocker panel bottom seam at the front and back would work.
Also check and equalize tire pressure first.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 11:06 PM   #3
nikhil1423
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mineral Grey 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsjmc View Post
It,s possible a spring has sagged a bit but you can,t really tell on a sloped surface. Park the car on as flat a surface as you can find. Then measure to the same spot on both side front and rear. Perhaps the rocker panel bottom seam at the front and back would work.
Also check and equalize tire pressure first.
I've done that before, but there's no harm in checking again. Simple enough. Will update with measurements in the next couple of days.
Performance: FBO; MPE, Brembo M BBK, ER CP, ER DP, Phoenix IC, JB4, KW V2, Mechunik Front Tower Strut Brace, Michelin PS AS3+, JL Audio W6 10" HO sealed/ported box, and a bunch of other stuff you probably don't care about either.
Appreciate 0