F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Ring up another sale for RiazC
Extreme Powerhouse

05-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #1
Meds
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport +

Ring up another sale for RiazC

More of a lurker than a contributor but thought I'd take the time to write a quick post on what a pleasure it's been so far dealing with @RiazC.

Firstly, thank you to all the forum members for making me aware of great dealers like Riaz and TRL and sites like C2C, DTD etc.

Due to a change in my work situation, the company 325d is going back in early July (thus couldn't wait to order LCI). Hence, decided to contact Riaz due to all the positive reviews and the proximity of his dealership.

Initially went in wanting (dreaming of) a 335i. As expected, he offered a cracking deal straight off the bat. However, couldn't get my 'man math' to work, and after briefly considering a M135i, decided to 'settle' for a 328i M Sport. I say 'settle' as I know the 6-cyl brigade will be out in full force sharing their thoughts on the 4-pot. But at least I won't hear the dreaded words 'noisy', 'clatter', 'vibration', and 'diesel' ;-)

Anyways, I digress. To reiterate, Riaz has been great. He ran numerous quotes for me as I kept chopping and changing. There's been no sales pressure, tactics or gimmicks. He's been prompt in his responses and always delivered when he said he would. And on top of that, I'm getting a great deal on my car. I won't go into the level of discount, so if anyone is interested, please contact Riaz directly -Riaz.choudhury@spireautomotive.com.

Oh, spec is exactly as my 325d (yes, even the colour - what can I say, I'm cheap!!) apart from Adaptive Headlights which I've added this time around. I'm going to see if I can swap the 403M's to the 442M's just to change it up a bit and most certainly considering adding the MPE (comments on MPE would be appreciated - seems like it's more popular in the US than in the UK).

Car is due early July and baby #2 is due 13th July. Let's see which one comes first. :-)
      05-22-2015, 01:50 AM   #2
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Excellent choice!

Appreciate 1
      05-22-2015, 01:54 AM   #3
John435D
Recruit
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D m-sport, MG & Coral Red !

Nice, 2 new babies in one month congrats in advance
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:00 AM   #4
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
Well done, great choice. I too have the 328i and love it. I previously had an E90 335d and it was also fabulous. However the 328i is that good I find after 6 months of ownership I now don't miss it.
Enjoy.

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:14 AM   #5
roshambo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435i M Sport

Congrats!
Well you got the next best thing to the 335i I'm fitting my MPE next weekend
      05-22-2015, 02:22 AM   #6
Andrewthefirst
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M140i

What no 'I need to speak to my manager' about 20 times?

No, 'look that's a brilliant deal, the best we can do' only to beat it when you pull out another quote?

No, 'you need to do that deal this week mate, the same pricing structure isn't a available after saturday'?

No bulshitting you about gap insurance, lifeshine etc?

That must be a pleasant change OP. I might even venture to England for my next car! Congrats on the car and the baby
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:27 AM   #7
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewthefirst View Post
What no 'I need to speak to my manager' about 20 times?

No, 'look that's a brilliant deal, the best we can do' only to beat it when you pull out another quote?

No, 'you need to do that deal this week mate, the same pricing structure isn't a available after saturday'?

No bulshitting you about gap insurance, lifeshine etc?

That must be a pleasant change OP. I might even venture to England for my next car! Congrats on the car and the baby
Riaz & TRL both cut to the deal & don't feck around like most of the other dealers. Both worth a try when you are in the market for sure

Nice car OP, July will seem so far away now!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:38 AM   #8
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Congrats. I would have thought there is a possibility you would get an LCI (330i) if you expect the car in July, although I can understand why a dealer wouldn't say this, so as not to disappoint if it doesn't happen. I believe that LCI starts with June build, although not sure which week.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:51 AM   #9
RiazC
Banned
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
Congrats. I would have thought there is a possibility you would get an LCI (330i) if you expect the car in July, although I can understand why a dealer wouldn't say this, so as not to disappoint if it doesn't happen. I believe that LCI starts with June build, although not sure which week.
Hi,

Build week starts week 27 for 1st set of lci.

The pre lci has a bigger discount from that "showroom" although the manufacturer support has stayed the same.

At the time of order Meds aware would be pre lci, I always try be up front I don't like issues .
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 02:52 AM   #10
RiazC
Banned
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meds View Post
More of a lurker than a contributor but thought I'd take the time to write a quick post on what a pleasure it's been so far dealing with @RiazC.

Firstly, thank you to all the forum members for making me aware of great dealers like Riaz and TRL and sites like C2C, DTD etc.

Due to a change in my work situation, the company 325d is going back in early July (thus couldn't wait to order LCI). Hence, decided to contact Riaz due to all the positive reviews and the proximity of his dealership.

Initially went in wanting (dreaming of) a 335i. As expected, he offered a cracking deal straight off the bat. However, couldn't get my 'man math' to work, and after briefly considering a M135i, decided to 'settle' for a 328i M Sport. I say 'settle' as I know the 6-cyl brigade will be out in full force sharing their thoughts on the 4-pot. But at least I won't hear the dreaded words 'noisy', 'clatter', 'vibration', and 'diesel' ;-)

Anyways, I digress. To reiterate, Riaz has been great. He ran numerous quotes for me as I kept chopping and changing. There's been no sales pressure, tactics or gimmicks. He's been prompt in his responses and always delivered when he said he would. And on top of that, I'm getting a great deal on my car. I won't go into the level of discount, so if anyone is interested, please contact Riaz directly -Riaz.choudhury@spireautomotive.com.

Oh, spec is exactly as my 325d (yes, even the colour - what can I say, I'm cheap!!) apart from Adaptive Headlights which I've added this time around. I'm going to see if I can swap the 403M's to the 442M's just to change it up a bit and most certainly considering adding the MPE (comments on MPE would be appreciated - seems like it's more popular in the US than in the UK).

Car is due early July and baby #2 is due 13th July. Let's see which one comes first. :-)

Thank you Mehdi- the challenge is on!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 03:29 AM   #11
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Enjoy the new car! I was in a similar situation last year, baby trumped the car and I had to wait almost a week after it was ready to collect! I did ask the wife if she'd mind me leaving her at the maternity ward and going to get it - the bruise only lasted a week
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2015, 04:15 AM   #12
Meds
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi all. Was aware that it would be pre-LCI and had no illusions from Riaz that maybe it could be LCI. So happy with that. Besides, I don't think the factory switches to LCI until July?

And the experience has been very positive. No sugar coating, no BS. Riaz definitely told it straight and I didn't low-ball me with his initial offer.

Now to start collecting some bits for the car. Definitely want the M-Performance diffuser and looks like Taiwan it will be. And need to remove the black grills from my 325d to have them ready for the 328i.

Haven't driving a petrol since I moved to the UK in 2007 (after having only driven petrols in the US) so simply cannot wait! I'm hoping some of the gremlins reported in the 328i affected the earlier models and not the MY2015/16 etc.
      05-22-2015, 04:18 AM   #13
Meds
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Greek View Post
Excellent choice!

Cheers Nick. Although it sounds like you won't be in your 328i for much longer. Have you decided yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John435D View Post
Nice, 2 new babies in one month congrats in advance
And a new job to boot! Lots of changes this summer. And the eldest starts reception in September. Eek!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshambo View Post
Congrats!
Well you got the next best thing to the 335i I'm fitting my MPE next weekend
Nice. Are you getting fitted at the dealer or via independent or yourself?
      05-22-2015, 05:01 AM   #14
roshambo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435i M Sport

I'm getting a dealer to fit it - to the tune of £104 labour. I need all my work done by BMW so it doesn't affect warranty on my lease
      05-22-2015, 05:07 AM   #15
Andy30D
Captain
British Antarctic Territory
Rep
Drives: 330D M sport fully loaded

I hope he is earning killing commission, Mr Riaz deserves it I think!
Appreciate 0