E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N54 Problem, I got stranded with my wife and son on the highway!?!?

View Poll Results: What do you think?
HPFP 3 50.00%
NO HPFP 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

05-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
Vect
Rep
Drives: Octavia RS 2003

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
Exclamation N54 Problem, I got stranded with my wife and son on the highway!?!?

Hi guys!,

So here I was driving on a Saturday morning, and all of a sudden I reduced a gear (MT) and the engine just died, I waited until the tow truck arrived and then we got towed.

Symptoms:

This happened twice before the incident both when I was slowing down and I shifted to a lower gear (I have driven 100k+ miles on stick mind you) and the engine just dies, so on those two occasions I turned the engine on after 2 minutes of turning the crank, now the reason I didn't go afterwards to the mechanic was 1. I cleared the codes with my phone because I was stuck in a dangerous spot ,both times 2. the car would then start normally. Another thing was a crazy rough idle e.g. the needle jumping all over the place but again not always.

The codes are the following:

002E77 Ignition Voltage

002E1A Ignition Cyl. 3

002E18 Ignition Cyl. 1 building up of fuel pressure EKP-forward stroke

all the other cilinders pretty much the same.

Now the thing is when this happened previously, i cleared the codes and nothing, i am not sure if they were the same but they seemed similar.

I am now pretty sure that it's the pump, but before i order i would like to confirm.

Regards,

Dick
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #2
kiel_dafo_kenyg_as
DIE ANTWOORD
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335d E92

If the car starts normal after a reset it can't be the HPFP. My guess would be the crankshaft sensor. BTW do not push the button for longer than 10 seconds. You don't want to smoke the starter motor.