THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Got rear ended, upgrade to M Performance diffuser?

05-29-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
steve@codemybimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Got rear ended, upgrade to M Performance diffuser?

I got rear ended yesterday on my brand new 2015 228i xDrive Cabriolet with M Sport package.

Luckily, the damage all on the bumper and I'm getting it replaced at a very reputable BMW Licensed repaired facility here in Toronto.

I've been looking to upgrade my diffuser to the M Performance type but it doesn't look like they have one for the 228i. Can anyone confirm?
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
eBlue2
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 estoril blue M235i

Sorry to hear about the accident.. are you going to European for the repairs?
2014 EBII M235i 6MT | MP Kidneys | MP Front Splitter | MP Side Splitters | MP Rear Diffuser | MP Carbon Spoiler | MP Pedal Set | 30% Pinnacle F1 | iND Painted Relfectors | OEM Style 225m | H&R Sport | More to come...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 09:51 AM   #3
steve@codemybimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBlue2 View Post
Sorry to hear about the accident.. are you going to European for the repairs?
Yep, that's the only place I went to. Manny ordered a new bumper and diffuser for me and it should be all good once it's replaced. There's no damage anywhere else.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
gtfalve
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

From my understanding you can use the M Performance diffuser on the 228 as long as you have the MSport line. You may need to purchase an exhaust pipe extender though
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #5
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
I got rear ended yesterday on my brand new 2015 228i xDrive Cabriolet with M Sport package.

Luckily, the damage all on the bumper and I'm getting it replaced at a very reputable BMW Licensed repaired facility here in Toronto.

I've been looking to upgrade my diffuser to the M Performance type but it doesn't look like they have one for the 228i. Can anyone confirm?
Yes, I can confirm they are available. I purchased the M Performance diffuser for my M Sport 228i xDrive ragtop last week. The part number is 51192343354.
I just got the main part of the diffuser painted body colour at a local auto body shop (left the lower fin par matte black).
From the git-go, I never liked the look of the std M Sport rear diffuser, but patiently waited 6 weeks to see if I could get used to it. Unfortunately, time has not made the heart grow fonder, so I opted for the M performance diffuser last week.
BTW, I live in the GTA so if you're looking for a cheap, as new, replacement M Sport 228i diffuser, let me know.

Last edited by bimmerfile; 05-30-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 10:08 PM   #6
eBlue2
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yep, that's the only place I went to. Manny ordered a new bumper and diffuser for me and it should be all good once it's replaced. There's no damage anywhere else.
Yeah, you'll be fine. Manny is amazing. Tell him the blue 2-series says hi when you go in lol
2014 EBII M235i 6MT | MP Kidneys | MP Front Splitter | MP Side Splitters | MP Rear Diffuser | MP Carbon Spoiler | MP Pedal Set | 30% Pinnacle F1 | iND Painted Relfectors | OEM Style 225m | H&R Sport | More to come...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 03:53 PM   #7
steve@codemybimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBlue2 View Post
Yeah, you'll be fine. Manny is amazing. Tell him the blue 2-series says hi when you go in lol
Will do!

Yep, I gave him that part number that Bimmerfile provided and he's going to look into getting this all swapped out for me. Who would ever think that getting rear ended would turn out to be a good thing after all lol
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #8
eBlue2
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Will do!

Yep, I gave him that part number that Bimmerfile provided and he's going to look into getting this all swapped out for me. Who would ever think that getting rear ended would turn out to be a good thing after all lol
Maranello BMW hit my rear corner with another customer's 7-series last time I was in for service so I swapped out for M-perf diffuser at that time. Manny took amazing care of me.. I have a pretty unique paint setup on the diffuser!
Appreciate 0