E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > ANYTHING BETTER THAN MOTTHERS - reflection series

02-11-2008, 03:32 AM   #1
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M-SPORT

ANYTHING BETTER THAN MOTTHERS - reflection series

Im currently using MOTHERS REFLECTIONs RANGE,which costs around $40 a bottle is there a much better product in America that i can use only if it can be sent to me CHEERS.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 03:47 AM   #2
L~R~G nor cal
Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Go to chemicalguys.com and check out the wax's they have. I use mothers sometimes and have had good results, but not as good as the PETES 53 or the 50/50 wax. I have also bought the butter wax and have used it once on a darker car and was verry happy with how it turned out. I would say its as good as the mothers if not better, but cheaper. Also check out the revive glaze. I use it before I put on my wax and it brings out the bling and makes it pop 10times more than the mothers 3 step wax system. If you are looking for a seal, then def go with the jetseal. In my option and many others on the forum its the best and will make everything protect more and pop more.

steps:
wash
clay
glaze or seal (can change this order but i glaze first)
wax

check them out and see if anything looks like something that looks good to you!
50/50 wax (my number one choice)
http://www.chemicalguys.com/White_Ca..._p/wac_302.htm

petes 53
http://www.chemicalguys.com/HOW_AND_..._p/wac_300.htm

I like xxx and the butter wax the same. both work great on darker cars. Personaly I would go with the butter wax over the xxx because of the price and bang for the buck, but see what you think. I also think they are both better than the mothers for the price.

xxx
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Nr_1_Gra..._p/wac_301.htm

butter
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Auto_Det..._p/wac_104.htm

glaze (i apply this by hand if i am not doing a paint correction. I have never used this with a pc, so I dont know how good it works with a pc. But I love it when I apply by hand..
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Auto_Pai..._p/gap_101.htm

seal (apply by hand and let sit on the paint for as long as possible for the best finish result)
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Auto_Det...wac_118_16.htm

I hope this helps you out!

good luck!
      02-11-2008, 03:57 AM   #3
L~R~G nor cal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Also I am not sure if this can be sent to you, but I am all for helping a detailer out. So if it cant be sent to you, I will buy it and send it to you.

But I hope you can get it! good luck!
      02-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
glaze (i apply this by hand if i am not doing a paint correction. I have never used this with a pc, so I dont know how good it works with a pc. But I love it when I apply by hand..
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Auto_Pai..._p/gap_101.htm
Is this stuff better than Imperial Hand Glaze? IMG does a really good job, it just takes forever to put on/off (or maybe it's just too cold where I live )...btw I use everything by hand, I don't have a PC

Last edited by inabis; 02-11-2008 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
L~R~G nor cal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
Is this stuff better than Imperial Hand Glaze? IMG does a really good job, it just takes forever to put on/off (or maybe it's just too cold where I live )...btw I use everything by hand, I don't have a PC
I couldnt tell you. I have never used the Imperial Glaze. But the stuff I used if you just put a nice thin coat on and let it haze good then its just like taking off liquid wax. Not the easiest thing, but not too hard. Just use as many lights as possible and try and do it in doors. Also work it in really good untell it starts drying.
      02-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #6
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FMINUSDETAIL@gmail.com

Imperial hand glaze is not that great, and you would be surprised if you knew who made it.

The end all Glaze is EZ Creme without a doubt.

Butter wax has very very low durability. XXX wax is best on metallic paints.

5050 is a very underpriced wax (one of my favorites), I would scoop it up if you can. Petes 53 is good but not great, choose it over 5050 because of its longer lasting durability.

CGs revive polish (the orange stuff) is more like a onestep and contains fillers.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #7
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I'm looking for an easy application glaze that has a lot of fillers. I can't properly fix my paint till spring. I heard Vanilla Moose Clearkote was really good but as usual, every time I read Autopia I get confused. Everyone swears by their particular product so for someone coming in it's hard to pick anything. They say some waxes dont mix well with some glazes and some glazes don't work well unless it's mixed with another product so aaaahhhh Thanks for the help.

BTW IMG did an ok job but it's shine doesn't equal the time spent...btw who makes it??
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 04:02 AM   #8
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M-SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by L~R~G nor cal View Post
Also I am not sure if this can be sent to you, but I am all for helping a detailer out. So if it cant be sent to you, I will buy it and send it to you.

But I hope you can get it! good luck!

I had a look at CHEMICAL GUYS website and to my horror they do not send to AUSTRALIA, if you can still help me i would be very very grateful.

Products im after are the 1-Glaze & Polish
2-Revive Glaze
3- Wax ? you tell me( my colour is MONTEGO BLUE

I think thats it please let me know what you think.

CHEERS
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 05:08 AM   #9
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Check out http://www.waxit.com.au

I use P21 wax products - give them a call and they'll help you with the right choice for your car.
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0