F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Rear window switches, stop functioning?
proTUNING Freaks

06-01-2015, 11:08 PM   #1
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Rear window switches, stop functioning?

Was driving to and from LAX today with family in the car. On the way there, my sister-in-law was using the rear windows to roll down from time to time to let the dog get some fresh air. Then roll back up. All of the way there half a dozen times, then on the way home, same thing. Out of nowhere, stopped functioning from her seat. I could roll them down from drivers controls but not hers. When I got home, tried both rears and no luck. Thought the child lock was on but no, from my control it was off. Thought about the child lock on those doors but realized that only stops the doors from being opened from the inside. I checked the fuzes, even though they use pictures that dont tell you diddly so checked them all and all seemed fine.

Any ideas. Really dont want to schedule an appt for something like this unless its a true problem and not just something I am missing.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

Check the bottom window switch in this pic. If green, the individual windows switches are disabled, but the master at drivers works. just press it so the green light is out.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #3
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Thanks so much, will check when the wife gets home. Not sure I saw that button before but if see it tonight, then damn, how in the world did I miss that.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #4
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkancel View Post
Thanks so much, will check when the wife gets home. Not sure I saw that button before but if see it tonight, then damn, how in the world did I miss that.
:-D I think its a safety thing but for me it is parent control. Easy way to stop young kids from constantly playing with the windows while in the back seat. Greatest feature ever...
Appreciate 0