E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Sound System Issue

06-04-2015, 11:52 PM   #1
sydneyman
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325I E92

Sound System Issue

I have this issue with the sound system since about a month or so ago, not sure if anyone can help. No matter it is the radio, CD, or music from external source through the AUX input, the sound goes off for a few seconds every 10 seconds or so. Mine is the standard basic sound system come with the car, does it mean the system must be replaced? Please help.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #2
naynay
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2006 E92 335i FBO

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472579

"Hi all,

Posted this in another section but thought it might be more appropriate here.

I recently bought a 2005 e90 330i sedan.

The drive has been wonderful but there is one issue that is driving me a bit nuts. It happened for the first time about 2 weeks after purchasing the car, when I was on a drive out of the city (about a 2 hour drive, mostly at speed of 120kmph). The CD I was playing froze for 2-5 seconds (the timer on the idrive screen actually stops) and then would continue playing. From this point, it would continue to happen frequently (say every 30-120seconds) for the remainder of the drive.

From the next day onwards it was fine again for a few days, until I spent a large part of the day driving. It occurred again, and would continue to occur for the remainder of the drive/day.

It is still happening and seems to be occur after extended periods driving, and most commonly when taking off, accelerating or braking.

It happens to all audio - CD or Radio. It also seems to happen to the Nav... with the current location disappearing for a few seconds. It is like the entire idrive system is cutting out. When it cuts out... 9 times out of 10 it will cut out for 2-5 seconds, then come back on for 0-1 seconds, then cut out for 1 second again... before returning to normal.

It is also very hot weather at the moment where I live, in Perth - Australia. It seems to be a better on cooler days but I have no real proof of this.

Has this behaviour been observed before? It is a known issue? Any ideas what it could be?

Appreciate any responses.

Thanks"
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 03:02 AM   #3
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
What is it with batteries at the moment???
Appreciate 0