F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > KW V2/V3: How to adjust rear rebound?
GetBMWParts

06-11-2015, 11:28 PM   #1
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport 6MT

KW V2/V3: How to adjust rear rebound?

Hi All,

Can someone comment on how to adjust (if at all) rebound on the rear strut of KW V2 or V3? I just received mine yesterday and realized that the adjusting screw (or whatever it is) will be hidden inside the top strut mount. In my understanding, to get access to it after installation you would need to take things apart again. That's quite a bit of a pain I would say.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #2
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by norb335i View Post
Hi All,

Can someone comment on how to adjust (if at all) rebound on the rear strut of KW V2 or V3? I just received mine yesterday and realized that the adjusting screw (or whatever it is) will be hidden inside the top strut mount. In my understanding, to get access to it after installation you would need to take things apart again. That's quite a bit of a pain I would say.
Yeah total PIA. When I had KW on my Audi S5, I know people were drilling a little hole into their cars to provide access to the adjustment screw.

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

Yup, it's not ideal. I think my only dislike with the V2s I have and their inability to adjust whenever I want to. Fortunately I only had to adjust once and am happy at the current setting. PSS10 are certainly designed better in this regard but my choices were limited when I was looking for sets.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #4
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe
Quote:
Originally Posted by norb335i View Post
Hi All,

Yeah total PIA. When I had KW on my Audi S5, I know people were drilling a little hole into their cars to provide access to the adjustment screw.
Hm, that's an interesting idea, although I looked already behind the carpet on the right side and it's pretty crowded with cables and all kind of electric stuff going to the battery, but will look closer again.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #5
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimminez
Yup, it's not ideal. I think my only dislike with the V2s I have and their inability to adjust whenever I want to. Fortunately I only had to adjust once and am happy at the current setting. PSS10 are certainly designed better in this regard but my choices were limited when I was looking for sets.
Yeah, after I realized this drawback I had second thoughts about the PSS10 as well, but I got these for a good price and like the double adjustability, so will see whether I can do the hole drilling thing. If that works things should be fine, otherwise will have to spend a bit more time dialing it in and then just leave it as is. At least the fronts are easy to adjust.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 01:35 PM   #6
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

Even when I had my PSS10 on my old vehicle, I had only adjusted them 3-4 times to get them dialed in but that included wheel size changes too.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #7
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimminez
Even when I had my PSS10 on my old vehicle, I had only adjusted them 3-4 times to get them dialed in but that included wheel size changes too.
I guess after the early excitement goes away :-) and things got adjusted to my liking, I will not want to change anything on it either. Might want to do some adjustments before and after those couple Autocross events I'm planning to attend, but it might not be needed anyhow, might be better of practicing with my street settings anyhow to see what the car can actually do that way and learn to better handle it that way...
Appreciate 0