BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Anyone know when pricing & order details will be released?

06-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Anyone know when pricing & order details will be released?

Anyone have an idea when pricing and order details will be released? I've got a lease completing at the end of July and am VERY tempted to jump on the F48 xDrive, if they'll let me order one in time. I've heard BMWFS will allow you to extend your lease by up to 6mo if you have proof (signed contract) that you're moving on to another new BMW so any detail here could help.

I'm also contacting the dealership but always like to check with the forums, too Will post up if I receive any detail about this. Oh, and sorry if this is already posted and I missed it somethwere, I did try reading the current threads/searching.

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |

Last edited by tiltmode43; 06-15-2015 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: typo in thread title
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43
Anyone have an idea when pricing and order details will be released? I've got a lease completing at the end of July and am VERY tempted to jump on the F48 xDrive, if they'll let me order one in time. I've heard BMWFS will allow you to extend your lease by up to 6mo if you have proof (signed contract) that you're moving on to another new BMW so any detail here could help.

I'm also contacting the dealership but always like to check with the forums, too Will post up if I receive any detail about this. Oh, and sorry if this is already posted and I missed it somethwere, I did try reading the current threads/searching.
Our lease is up in August and debating doing this too. Even though I like to make fun of the new one, the wife seems intrigued and it's her car.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
mgerousis
Private
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sdrive18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post

Configurator is live on BMW.be, BMW.lu and prices are found on the German site bmw.de

BMW UK informed me that they are accepting orders from today; therefore, they should have the pricing/specs ready as well!

I am waiting for BMW Cyprus to give me the go ahead to proceed with an order!!!
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #4
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Our lease is up in August and debating doing this too. Even though I like to make fun of the new one, the wife seems intrigued and it's her car.
The xDrive version interests me. Hopefully enough grunt to haul a small trailer yet decent MPG around town. I'm considering it as the daily, though my friends are already making fun of me for it, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerousis View Post
Configurator is live on BMW.be, BMW.lu and prices are found on the German site bmw.de

BMW UK informed me that they are accepting orders from today; therefore, they should have the pricing/specs ready as well!

I am waiting for BMW Cyprus to give me the go ahead to proceed with an order!!!
Wow, this is great news to hear, seems we're just around the corner!

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #5
did75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 f48 x1 xline (eu spec)

Quote:
The xDrive version interests me. Hopefully enough grunt to haul a small trailer yet decent MPG around town. I'm considering it as the daily, though my friends are already making fun of me for it, haha.

Wow, this is great news to hear, seems we're just around the corner!

Same in France, got my order booked on saturday. FWD Diesel 18d, xLine with quite a lot of extras.... delivery on oct. 20th
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2015, 08:04 PM   #6
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by did75 View Post
Same in France, got my order booked on saturday. FWD Diesel 18d, xLine with quite a lot of extras.... delivery on oct. 20th
Congrats! How does pricing compare to the E84 X1?

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 12:16 AM   #7
mgerousis
Private
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Congratulations! What color did you choose? We are between Glacier Silver and Mediterranean Blue (two extremes!!)... however, we think that this x1 looks fantastic in light colors...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 01:50 AM   #8
did75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 f48 x1 xline (eu spec)

Mineralgrau
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 02:32 AM   #9
mgerousis
Private
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Mineralgrau
Nice
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 03:57 AM   #10
mgerousis
Private
Cyprus
Rep

Anybody else placed an order already? Please share prices/specs/delivery dates
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #11
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerousis View Post
Anybody else placed an order already? Please share prices/specs/delivery dates
Yes, this!

I'm still waiting on a date from my dealer over here in the states. Maybe US dealers still have too high of stock of 2015 X1's and BMW USA is pushing back the US launch? Just a guess, but I'm sure getting antsy

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #12
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Maybe US dealers still have too high of stock of 2015 X1's and BMW USA is pushing back the US launch? Just a guess, but I'm sure getting antsy
I think there are a couple of forces in play here that are delaying ordering ability in the USA.

First, Europe is the home market for BMW and so the Europeans naturally get everything first, even though the USA is (I think) their most profitable single market.

Second, generally speaking it takes some time for the suits at BMW USA to figure out exactly how to limit our F48 X1 buying choices (e.g., no diesel engine options which are available in Europe). Once BMW USA has decreed how our options will be limited, then we'll see the USA ordering guide.
      06-24-2015, 10:50 PM   #13
M3111Z
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

The ordering and pricing information is out already. My CA emailed me the ordering guide on Monday, I picked my options, and he gave me a price. I'm doing a European Delivery but ED's of the new X1 don't start until November (no specific date given). The CA said he could go ahead and submit the order and then he'd be notified of the available dates. I also asked about US deliveries and he said he had not received an allocation yet so did not know when delivery would be, but if he got an August production slot, it would be here (west coast) late Sept or early Oct.

This kind of sucks because I had already planned a Europe trip in Sept (to see the Frankfurt auto show) and was hoping to do the ED on the same trip, maybe as late as mid-Oct. But the savings from the ED will more than pay for the second airfare!
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2015, 11:27 AM   #14
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3111Z View Post
The ordering and pricing information is out already. My CA emailed me the ordering guide on Monday, I picked my options, and he gave me a price. I'm doing a European Delivery but ED's of the new X1 don't start until November (no specific date given). The CA said he could go ahead and submit the order and then he'd be notified of the available dates. I also asked about US deliveries and he said he had not received an allocation yet so did not know when delivery would be, but if he got an August production slot, it would be here (west coast) late Sept or early Oct.

This kind of sucks because I had already planned a Europe trip in Sept (to see the Frankfurt auto show) and was hoping to do the ED on the same trip, maybe as late as mid-Oct. But the savings from the ED will more than pay for the second airfare!
Thanks for the info! Definitely would've been nice to double up the trips and check out the auto show with your new BMW, too. What options did you go with? Also, how was list price on the car/options if you don't mind me asking?

It's always interesting that different dealerships will give different answers, these are the responses I've gotten the past few days

Quote:
Jun 22 (3 days ago)

to me
Hi Matt,

Awesome! BMW hasn't released pricing yet on the new X1, as soon as its available we can build one out and get the pricing together.
Quote:
11:41 AM (21 hours ago)

to me
Hi Matt,

...If it's gotta be the '16 lets see when the pricing becomes available and go from there. There is not an anticipated date for pricing in the US at this time.

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #15
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep

Just got a response from a separate dealership, this time saying price won't be available until August :/

Quote:
12:18 PM (36 minutes ago)

to me
The X1 will be a new body style for 2016 and that car will not be in production until after August 2015 and there is no pricing available... Since the body style is completely changing on the X1, I would be happy to follow up with you later. However, they are not going to be orderable until after August start of production. Give me a call if you have any questions.

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #16
M3111Z
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Definitely would've been nice to double up the trips and check out the auto show with your new BMW, too. What options did you go with? Also, how was list price on the car/options if you don't mind me asking?
Not at all. I went with Alpine White/Canberra Beige, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Luxury Package with Fineline trim, Premium Package, Tech Package, non-run-flats with space saver spare, and Sliding/Reclining Back Seat. Base MSRP is $34,800 which I think is about the same as before for the xDrive with xLine (which is standard now). Options totaled $9500, so total MSRP of $45295 with D&H. I got a price of ED invoice plus $1000, which was almost $5k off MSRP.

It is odd that you're getting dealers saying no pricing is out. I don't know why my guy would have gotten it but others hadn't. Maybe someone told them not to disclose pricing yet.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #17
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

Wow, $34,800 USD, thats like $43,500 CAD..

The current X1 only starts from $36,990; that's a huge increase, isnt it? ($6510 difference)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 11:44 AM   #18
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not at all. I went with Alpine White/Canberra Beige, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Luxury Package with Fineline trim, Premium Package, Tech Package, non-run-flats with space saver spare, and Sliding/Reclining Back Seat. Base MSRP is $34,800 which I think is about the same as before for the xDrive with xLine (which is standard now). Options totaled $9500, so total MSRP of $45295 with D&H. I got a price of ED invoice plus $1000, which was almost $5k off MSRP.

It is odd that you're getting dealers saying no pricing is out. I don't know why my guy would have gotten it but others hadn't. Maybe someone told them not to disclose pricing yet.
Wow, thanks for the info, it's really helpful! Now it's just a matter of being able to place the order. I think it could have to do with the number of '15 X1s both the dealers have on their lots, they seemed to be pushing them in the emails (I left those parts out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmr View Post
Wow, $34,800 USD, thats like $43,500 CAD..

The current X1 only starts from $36,990; that's a huge increase, isnt it? ($6510 difference)
Keep in mind M3111Z is going with xDrive28i & the xLine package is now standard. According to bmwusa.com, base MSRP for xDrive28i is $33,000 and xLine package is $1,900 for a total of $34,900 for the E84 X1. Don't know how pricing for this would be in Canada, but seems on par to me, if not $100 cheaper for the options included.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #19
M3111Z
Enlisted Member
Rep

The pricing guide has been posted by someone on Bimmerfest in their F48 X1 forum.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #20
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The pricing guide has been posted by someone on Bimmerfest in their F48 X1 forum.
Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #21
Sincity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 vs C63-undecided.EDIT: C63

Looks like a nicely appointed one with M-Sport can be had for under $42k. I wish I can get the Premium Pkg without the panoramic roof. Too hot for Vegas.

Kleemanized C63
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 12:51 AM   #22
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

Quote:
Keep in mind M3111Z is going with xDrive28i & the xLine package is now standard. According to bmwusa.com, base MSRP for xDrive28i is $33,000 and xLine package is $1,900 for a total of $34,900 for the E84 X1. Don't know how pricing for this would be in Canada, but seems on par to me, if not $100 cheaper for the options included.
Good analysis!

But if I am aiming for m-sport, does that mean it would be more expensive in this case?

For e84, the base was cheaper + msport

Now with f48, it is pretty much base + x-line (included/mandatory) + msport?
Appreciate 0