E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Hydroplaning on I-93 today

02-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Hydroplaning on I-93 today

I went to Bavarian Performance Group in Winchester to drop off some parts for install after work / class. Right after I hit I-93N from Leverett Circle, there's a huge puddle of water on the fast lane, probably 6+ inches deep. I saw the cars in front of me going through it ok so I drove my rental Impreza through it. Then, all of a sudden, Bam! it started hydroplaning...... Didn't lose control, but can feel that the car is not going to the direction that I want it go and the tail started to get loose a little bit. Just enough to bring up the heart rate a little bit.

Last edited by Kev; 02-13-2008 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
iceberq
Smurfin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 LSB M3

Be careful out there everyone, I had an accident myself last weekend over ice. I don't wanna see anymore of these beautiful cars get butchered by the weather
      03-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
D0WNxiSH1FT
Spooling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Subaru WRX

Gotta watch out for hydroplanning. Also Subaru's come stock with Potenza RE92 tires which are the WORST tires in history. The same tires come on Civics, Sentras and tC's. My WRX even came with them. Tirerack.com rates them a 3 out of 10. haha.

Besides that I wouldn't worry too much. Subaru's AWD system is one of the best it won't let you down.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WNxiSH1FT View Post
Gotta watch out for hydroplanning. Also Subaru's come stock with Potenza RE92 tires which are the WORST tires in history. The same tires come on Civics, Sentras and tC's. My WRX even came with them. Tirerack.com rates them a 3 out of 10. haha.

Besides that I wouldn't worry too much. Subaru's AWD system is one of the best it won't let you down.
I love the new WRX wagon. It looks really aggressive in person. I might get one at the start of residency as a daily
      03-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
D0WNxiSH1FT
Spooling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Subaru WRX

I never saw this haha, sorry. Thanks! Mine will be up for a lease assumption this summer/fall haha.
Appreciate 0