E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > CD Pause..Resume..

01-22-2006, 07:30 AM   #1
sysop
Fleet Owner
Rep
Drives: 2005 320i A/T Idr

CD Pause..Resume..

Has anyone else noticed that when switching off the CD using the dash button, it continues playing (inaudible off course) so that when one switches to the CD again(from say the radio) it does not resume at the previous place. This is a damn curse when listening to serious music, and find that the next piece is playing. Any remedy?
      01-22-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I've never had that problem. I have one of my steering wheel buttons also programmed for "mute" and when I press either the button on the wheel or on the stereo itself, it will pause the CD. Since I have iDrive, I can see that the CD elapsed time counter stops when either button is pressed.

However, if I make a phone call while I CD is playing, the sound will mute, but the counter will keep going. So, when my phone conversation is over the song has usually already completed.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #3
porscheneer
Porscheneer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996

After I stop the car and start it again the car will start the CD again and not what i was listening to last? is this normal or is it because it was a burn CD I made and some other complications. I have started a topic on that.
Thanx

porscheneer@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
sysop
Fleet Owner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheneer
After I stop the car and start it again the car will start the CD again and not what i was listening to last? is this normal or is it because it was a burn CD I made and some other complications. I have started a topic on that.
Thanx
I am glad somebody else has noticed this, I find it most annoying. I am most surprised that BMW has been so poor with regard to their software design.
      01-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
Mitch1138
Rep
Drives: '06 325i-10/7/05

I have also seen this behavior and it is particularly annoying with audio books. If you pause, stop the car, then restart, you are on a new chapter and it is a pain to fast forward to the middle of a 10 min track. I guess there is no way to stop the CD player so it could resume when restarted (like every other CD player I have used)?
      01-27-2006, 06:59 AM   #6
sysop
Fleet Owner
Rep

Cd Pause

I wonder if anyone from BMW ever reads these problems...
      01-31-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
Mitch1138
Rep
Drives: '06 325i-10/7/05

I have resolved this for me at least. When listening to a CD, if you change audio sources then turn the car off, the player will resume where it left off after you start the car and change the audio source back to CD. A bit cumbersome, but not too bad if you have your steering wheel control set to change audio source.
      02-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #8
sysop
Fleet Owner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch1138
I have resolved this for me at least. When listening to a CD, if you change audio sources then turn the car off, the player will resume where it left off after you start the car and change the audio source back to CD. A bit cumbersome, but not too bad if you have your steering wheel control set to change audio source.
Thank you for that. I reprogrammed the steering wheel control set and that is a great help!
      02-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #9
Arkansas3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
mine doesn't do this. if i answer a phone call, it pauses the cd. if i get out of the car and lock the doors, and come back later, it starts up right where i left off.