European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

07-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
shinobu82
Registered
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW M4

M4 Rattle Problem

Hi I'm new to the forum here so it won't let me post a new thread, but I was just wondering if anyone has the same issues I've had. There is a low buzzing noise on slightly bumpy roads when driving coming from the driver's side dash, especially I think coming from the vibration of the glass part that covers the dials against the rubber. I've also noticed almost all 3 and 4 series including M models have this issue where the plastic piece that goes across the dashboard above the radio tends to make cracking noises when on uneven roads. Does anyone have this problem? Are there any solutions or should I just take it to the dealer for service? Thanks. (BTW I have an AY '15 M4 F82)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #2
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO 6MT, E46 M3 AW/IR 6MT

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Do you have the Carbon Fiber trim? They seem to make cracking noises here and there when going over bumps
      07-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
shinobu82
Registered
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW M4

Hi yes I have carbon fiber trim, but it really sounds like it's coming from the plastic piece covering the dials. I put pressure by holding it dow while driving and the noise is somewhat gone. I also agree that there is noise coming from the CF dash though it doesn't bother me as much.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 11:56 PM   #4
LiveWell
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Alpine White

I have f80 and I hear the rattle too. it is coming somewhere near the radio preset button. I have carbon fiber trim.
If I push preset buttons then noise seems to go away.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 11:07 PM   #5
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 (2015 M3)

to b honest, i got f80 m3, thuck this CF trim, it drives me CRAZY

this car RATTLES ALOT not just the trim... but the interior cabin is jus crazy!

the ac panel, i even unscrew the panel and take a look if i can fill up anything behind, end up i realized the ac panel is just a set of module and it makes sqeekin noise when u press dang it
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #6
Apollo_1092
SITH
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow View Post
to b honest, i got f80 m3, thuck this CF trim, it drives me CRAZY

this car RATTLES ALOT not just the trim... but the interior cabin is jus crazy!

the ac panel, i even unscrew the panel and take a look if i can fill up anything behind, end up i realized the ac panel is just a set of module and it makes sqeekin noise when u press dang it
I'm in the same boat. The roads in Texas are terrible. My entire car rattles. Brought it in and they took most of the panels off and wrapped everything in felt tape but that didn't help much. The dealership ordered new door panels for my car as well since they couldn't get that rattling to stop. Once I get on smooth roads it's fine though.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #7
phantomray
Coder
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Hey fellow owners, if you hear squeaking sound coming from your doors or from the back when you drive on imperfect road surface, ask your dealer to lubricate the weather seals! That solves a lot of the noises! Mine is all quiet now

2016 ///M3 / Alpine White with Black Interior / CF Roof / DCT / 19'' Light Alloy with PSS / Happy Owner Since 9.12.2015
Appreciate 0