F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Hit a curb help!
Studio RSR

07-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
tnsguypat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

Hit a curb help!

Just bought a new F30 335 xdrive a week ago. I was going about 30mph in a parking lot and spotted a curb in the last second. I slowed down and turned but I probably hit the curb at about 10mph. I took a chunk out of my Front right wheel and a tiny piece of curb rash on my rear wheel. The car drive perfect and doesn't shake at all. Two things I have noticed are that it pulls very slightly to the right and the right front wheel is slightly cambered in now. What do I do? What do you think I broke? How much is your guess on repair? Control arm? Tie Rod? Bushing? I tried to look at the parts with the wheel turned and everything seems ok. The wheel isn't cracked just a chunk missing. Please help. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Were you drunk? 30mph in a parking lot is pretty stupid, just take it to a dealer to get it checked.
      07-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
tnsguypat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Was not drunk. In America we have a lot of land so our parking lots are huge. It was probably 3 acres of parking lot so you can easily get up to speed. I'm new to the area unfortunately so I did not know there was a curb in the middle of the parking lot. I'm originally from Las Vegas where the curbs are marked with reflectors so that you don't hit them. Here in Reno it is just a random piece of concrete in the middle of a parking lot. The obvious answer is to go to the dealer to get it checked out. In fact I work for BMW and will obviously get it inspected. I was hoping someone would have a better idea of what I could have damaged with the information I posted. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
Were you drunk? 30mph in a parking lot is pretty stupid, just take it to a dealer to get it checked.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

yeah should check the Control arms
      07-07-2015, 02:00 PM   #5
tnsguypat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Getting it inspected at the stealership today. Hoping for the best. I know the suspension is aluminum so it bends easily. Worry is that the strut is broken or knocked out of the knuckle wish me luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait View Post
yeah should check the Control arms
Appreciate 0