THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Sideways in front of a cop tonight!

07-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Sideways in front of a cop tonight!

So,

just got done coding and I thought I'd go out and play with the Launch Control.

I'm sitting on a back road, nobody in sight and I'm trying to figure out how to get that little flag to come up. Out of nowhere, I see some lights coming up behind me. I give up and plant my foot to the floor till the tires start to go up! I launch and she goes sideways and I keep pushing, blapping into second as it's a blast, tires screaming and engine wailing...pure bliss!

I hit third and look up and see those wonderfully colorful lights of a police cruiser chasing me down.

Now I'm a grown man of 55 years and this would not be my first ticket, but I'm thinking holy #$$%#$# I'm screwed! Reckless or Negligent driving at the least. I pull over and he comes up to me and asks, and this is a quote "just what the hell do you think your doing out here!" Now I'm really thinking that I'm screwed.

Needless to say he checks my DL and Registration and comes back. We start to chat about the car. This turns into a 10 minute discussion while I'm showing him my cab and some of the new features, all the while my heart is pounding through my chest!

He finally hands me back my DL and Registration and tells me that he misses his e30. Then he says to keep in under control and be safe and not to let him catch me doing that again!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 5
      07-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #2
configt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 EB M235i

Hahahah great story! I have yet to have a close call with the cops
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 09:39 PM   #3
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenAir View Post
So,

I'm sitting on a back road, nobody in sight and I'm trying to figure out how to get that little flag to come up. Out of nowhere, I see some lights coming up behind me. I give up and plant my foot to the floor till the tires start to go up! I launch and she goes sideways and I keep pushing, blapping into second as it's a blast, tires screaming and engine wailing...pure bliss!

I hit third and look up and see those wonderfully colorful lights of a police cruiser chasing me down.

Now I'm a grown man of 55 years and this would not be my first ticket, but I'm thinking holy #$$%#$# I'm screwed! Reckless or Negligent driving at the least. I pull over and he comes up to me and asks, and this is a quote "just what the hell do you think your doing out here!" Now I'm really thinking that I'm screwed.

Needless to say he checks my DL and Registration and comes back. We start to chat about the car. This turns into a 10 minute discussion while I'm showing him my cab and some of the new features, all the while my heart is pounding through my chest!

He finally hands me back my DL and Registration and tells me that he misses his e30. Then he says to keep in under control and be safe and not to let him catch me doing that again!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
hahaha you got lucky he didn't owned a Benz instead
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #4
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
hahaha you got lucky he didn't owned a Benz instead
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 09:59 PM   #5
AWheeler
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

WOW very lucky and amusing!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #6
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWheeler View Post
WOW very lucky and amusing!
Wasn't fun at the time...but now that I've settled down, I'm laughing and very, very thankful!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #7
uberspeed
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Great story, Bimmer approved ending
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 07:10 PM   #8
Smokester
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i M Sport 6MT MG

I'm 60. Speeding ticket in 11 states (so far). You're my new hero.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:18 PM   #9
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Wow, lucky!!! You should really invest in a radar detector. Has saved me countless times and let's me enjoy the car with some peace of mind.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:47 PM   #10
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokester View Post
I'm 60. Speeding ticket in 11 states (so far). You're my new hero.
LOL!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 11:37 PM   #11
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Wow, lucky!!! You should really invest in a radar detector. Has saved me countless times and let's me enjoy the car with some peace of mind.
I doubt he pulled him over for speed..prob did not have his gun on. Its the ass end going side ways and smoking tires the prob caught his attention!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #12
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Reminds me of when I had my 135 vert. Very similar story and ending.

Spinning tires when attempting to launch caught their attention. There were 2 police officers. The guy was just interested in asking questions about the car after the obligatory do you know why we pulled you over and we can impound the car etc.

The female officer said "you're lucky he is a car nut"

Let me go with just a warning.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 12:43 PM   #13
haffl
manchild
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenAir View Post
So,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
As a native Marylander born and bred in Baltimore County, MD (Towson) I loved reading this story!

For the past 15 years I've lived in northern VA but still visit Baltimore frequently.

NOVA's police force (State Troopers and county) is the worst when it comes to speeding tickets. No leniency whatsoever and complete harda--es.

You would have been arrested on the spot if you pulled that stunt on I495 in view of a Va State Trooper. Now in VA, if you go 15 mph over the posted speed limit you automatically get charged with reckless driving.

Glad to see you got away without even a ticket.

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #14
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by haffl View Post
As a native Marylander born and bred in Baltimore County, MD (Towson) I loved reading this story!

For the past 15 years I've lived in northern VA but still visit Baltimore frequently.

NOVA's police force (State Troopers and county) is the worst when it comes to speeding tickets. No leniency whatsoever and complete harda--es.

You would have been arrested on the spot if you pulled that stunt on I495 in view of a Va State Trooper. Now in VA, if you go 15 mph over the posted speed limit you automatically get charged with reckless driving.

Glad to see you got away without even a ticket.

Congrats!
I worry about VA every time I drive through it on the way to North Carolina, especially being out-of-state!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 07:46 PM   #15
Orenji
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

I got pulled over in January while hitting the limiter. Just a cool 85 mph over the limit.

Got a warning.

I am not impressed OP. Push your luck more.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #16
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I got pulled over in January while hitting the limiter. Just a cool 85 mph over the limit.

Got a warning.

I am not impressed OP. Push your luck more.
LOL!
Appreciate 0