THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding: Folders visible, but no names

07-19-2015, 08:47 PM   #1
amuzement
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 228i M Sport

Coding: Folders visible, but no names

I have successfully saved all the files (FA, SVT, ncd) and am at the step where I have selected "Edit FDL". It takes me to the next screen where it shows the numbered folders (3000, 3001, 3003, etc.), but when I look in the "Funktionen" folder of 3000, all of the subfolders appear as periods (.). Is there a way to have names appear so I can edit the the files in them?

If I use TokenMaster's NCD/CAFD Tool, I can see the folders with names like it should be, but I don't know how to edit them (if it is even possible). They only appear as periods within the E Sys software.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by amuzement View Post
I have successfully saved all the files (FA, SVT, ncd) and am at the step where I have selected "Edit FDL". It takes me to the next screen where it shows the numbered folders (3000, 3001, 3003, etc.), but when I look in the "Funktionen" folder of 3000, all of the subfolders appear as periods (.). Is there a way to have names appear so I can edit the the files in them?

If I use TokenMaster's NCD/CAFD Tool, I can see the folders with names like it should be, but I don't know how to edit them (if it is even possible). They only appear as periods within the E Sys software.

Thanks in advance!
Do you read and follow this note?

* NOTE: E-Sys Launcher Car Series MUST be set to exactly match the car's chassis type you are coding (e.g. F01, F06, F07, F10, F12, F15, F25, F30, F82, F83, etc.). If after install it defaults to F999 and it cannot be changed, change PC Date ahead 4 days, then change E-Sys Launcher Car Series, then change PC Date back to current date. DO NOT craete .EST Token and PIN with PC Date advanced 4 days as the Validity Start Date for the token will be 4 days in the future.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 10:03 PM   #3
amuzement
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 228i M Sport

Yup that was the exact problem. I have successfully coded the S55 ASD, Sport Display, tire temperatures, digital speed, and disclaimer removal. Thank you for everything, Shawn; I could not have done it without you.
Appreciate 0