THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning GSR ECU Flash Tune | Review

07-31-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
GSR ECU Flash Tune | Review

Hello fellow 2Addicts!

We recently had the opportunity to take one of our Marketing/Project cars to GSR Autosport for their ECU Flash Tune. Our experience working with GSR has been A++ since day one. The entire crew is extremely knowledgeable and have been very professional, really a great group of stand-up guys

A huge part of the appeal of GSR's flash tune has always been its flexibility:
- allows 100 percent of the factory ECU functionality to be retained without the fitment of any aftermarket products
- ability to fine tune specific variables to extract as much peak power as possible
^ With all this considered, we felt that going with the ECU flash tune was naturally the next move in upgrading from our previous piggyback solution.

Driving impressions from Mitchsays21 :
Car feels STRONG. It gave me a smoother powerband and more torque in all the right places. Midrange torque is addictive, turbo lag is nonexistent, and throttle roll-on is linear.
I felt like acceleration was the most significant difference from the previous piggyback tuning solution. My experience with the piggyback included a lot of jerking/hesitation. That only became more apparent after driving the car with the GSR tune.

2014 228i ATX
Stage 1+
+46 WHP +74 WTQ

Mod List (At time of dyno)
- Evolution Racewerks Intake (Protoype)
- Evolution Racewerks Catless Downpipe (NO CEL)
- Ark Performance Catback Exhuast (Prototype)

Overall, the car is just much more fun to drive. Power feels more accessible and without the jerky hesitation. I'm extremely happy with the result and have great peace of mind knowing who's behind the product and work.

If there are any questions about the car and our experience with GSR, feel free to PM or ask here directly
      08-01-2015, 04:23 AM   #2
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Great review. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm now interested in the intake and exhaust that you have on the car. Any more info on that?
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #3
j.ross
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M sport

Great review! I have been waiting a while to see an in dept review. You wouldnt be able to give us some details on the ARK prototype?
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.ross View Post
Great review! I have been waiting a while to see an in dept review. You wouldnt be able to give us some details on the ARK prototype?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Great review. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm now interested in the intake and exhaust that you have on the car. Any more info on that?
No problem! We've been meaning to share our thoughts.

The ER intake is from their prototype for the F30. I'm not sure, however, if they plan to reproduce.

Ark Performance 228i Catback Exhaust Prototype :
> Brushed Stainless Steel Finish Tips
> SUS304 Stainless Steel Construction
> Brushed Stainless Steel Finish 3" Piping
> V-band Clamps
They're still gaining interest before they start producing more sets. If you're looking for something sooner, they did mention that the F30 328i exhaust can be fitted with little modification. Any questions on the modification to the exhaust, feel free to reach out to Michael @ Ark
Michael@arkperformanceusa.com
909-947-1275