F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Spring Suggestion For xDrive!?
Studio RSR

08-02-2015, 03:43 AM   #1
WarrENDeatH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic Type R

Spring Suggestion For xDrive!?

I was wanting a reasonably priced spring suggestion for my xdrive set up. I currently have the sports package. It's fun, but I know it could be better. Any suggestions? I know of H&R, Dinan, Megan Racing Springs, etc. Curious as to the best bang for your buck, best handling and best mirrors the initial comfort (if not makes it better).
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 07:59 AM   #2
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH View Post
I was wanting a reasonably priced spring suggestion for my xdrive set up. I currently have the sports package. It's fun, but I know it could be better. Any suggestions? I know of H&R, Dinan, Megan Racing Springs, etc. Curious as to the best bang for your buck, best handling and best mirrors the initial comfort (if not makes it better).
ACS too.

Do some research, some of these companies seem to take a "one size fits all 3 series" approach and make one set of springs for multiple models that have different curb weights. Others seem to tune the springs for the individual model, to assure they will have the proper weight, like 428i rwd vs 428i GC x drive, and so on. Dinan will only put out stuff that they've tested on an actual car.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
crono06
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i and 2018 X3

When I was looking, I was personally considered either Dinan or ACS. It eventually came down to price as it seemed that both had very similar reviews and feedback. I got the Dinan set because it was more readily available in my area. There aren't any ACS retails in the Toronto area so I was looking at upwards of $500 CAD (and at least 1.5 months) for a set.

I believe if stock ride comfort is important to you, these 2 are your best bets. Also bear in mind that these 2 have very minor drops (~1 inch).
Appreciate 0