THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum AW coloring pens instead of touch-up paint

08-09-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

AW coloring pens instead of touch-up paint

Coupes are lovely, but they have one very annoying feature in normal usage: very wide doors, which turn from "wide" do "long" and no matter how one tries to avoid it, hitting nearby objects with swing opening door and leaving traces on the paint.... After sufficiently long time, the transparent lacquer is long gone on the most protruding fragment of the door edge, and even if you do your best, the paint itself becomes vanishing! And I'm talking here normal wear & tear of everyday use - not those unfortunate incidents of the wind pushing the door even more wide open (in which case damage is inevitable both to the your beloved M235i, but that car parked at your side as well).

I'm already at the stage when the lacquer is gone along some 2 inches of my door outer edge, so before damage starts eating my Alpine White paint I'd like to make some repairs. Of course, using touch-up paint is not an option here as it's difficult to put ideally uniform thickness of it, and this may make your door look pathetic. So instead, I'd like to use one of those "coloring pens" instead, and then protect it with a thin layer of protective transparent lacquer... The problem is I can't seem to find the P/N of those pens for Alpine White - could anyone help?
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #2
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

OK, so this Youtube vid shows exactly what I'm after; are they universal, or do I specify the color? Are they made by BMW in BMW colors (Alpine White), or are they only generic?

my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD
Appreciate 0