E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Angel Eye Problem E90 lci sendan

08-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #1
RobertRichy
First Lieutenant II I know enough to be dangerous
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI N54 335xi

Angel Eye Problem E90 lci sendan

Any ideas on why one side is not as bright as the other and the coloring is different? I've double & triple checked to make sure the bulbs are seated correctly. I've swapped the bulbs from one side to the other and the issue remains. The driver side angel eye only illuminates 3/4 of the ring and barley lights up the outer ring at all. The passenger side looks great.

I just dropped my car off at BMW for service(siren sound when accelerating) and asked the service advisor to to take a look. The advisor was/is convinced that the bulbs are not the same because the color and output is so different. I know for a fact that they are the same because I installed them. This is the second set of bulbs I have tried. Jeff@TopGearSolutions was kind enough to swap me out the first set because I thought they were defective. Now I am wondering if there is something wrong with the internals of the driver side eyes. The stealership said the headlights are not covered under CPO and that it would not be worth the cost to have them look at them because the all they can do is replace the bulbs or the entire headlamp assembly.

I am using the HPB 160 Watt Total Output H8 BMW Cree LED Angel Eye Upgrade from Top Gear

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0