E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Crazy question re AEM Meth. Kit

08-19-2015, 02:33 AM   #1
Chromey
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3

Crazy question re AEM Meth. Kit

Ok so I finally got my car back from my shop and I had a walnut blast which with only 50km on the car it really needed it. I wasn't able to drive the car after the blast as it was sent to a different shop to have the AEM Meth kit installed. The did a awesome job of install as all looks clean and tight. I currently have the AEM boost adjustment near the drivers side till I dial it in. I'm running Cobb aggressive stage 2+ but to be honest I just got it and have floored it a bit around town. It feels strong and the timing pulls of old seem gone but the walnut blast could have done that. Here's my Ingnorant question??? How can I tell if meth is being shot into my charge pipe. The AEM only has a led if things get low. The car doesn't feel like all of a sudden I'm using 105octane.. Does a proper tune need to be done to see the potential of meth or shouldn't I see some noticeable results on a map I have used before. I have it set at 10psi to 15-16psi. Should I start to stay earlier and go till 20psi? I. Assu I g some will say to get a flow gage .. Already looking into this.
On another note can someone please explain how to make the car fail safe with Cobb. How do I set it up so if something malfunctions or meth runs out the waste gates will stay open? Thanks Meth pros I'm so new to this and when I live it's not a popular thing so shops and info are hard to find. The shop I used did a awesome job but to be fair they don't get many if any requests to do things like this so the Tuning part etc I need to get help here.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 03:50 AM   #2
liteweight13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

If you still have a pump gas tune you will see small gains from the octane boost and cooling no timing pulls so it should be more consistent. If you leave this tune on it i would check the logs and see if any timing is being pulled if not then you activation points for the meth should be fine. I would probably set the higher limit to what your max boost is. To get the most out of the meth you should have a race gas tune made that adds a degree or two of timing then you will get the full benefits of meth.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #3
Chromey
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3

Cheers that helps me. here is a logg , not a great one as i was scared of cops , i think i need meth to start earklier and end later than 10psi start and 15psi high

http://www.datazap.me/u/chromey/meth...3&mark=811-830
Appreciate 0