F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Dinan Shockware with ACS springs?
Studio RSR

08-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Dinan Shockware with ACS springs?

Anyone running this combination?

(AFAIK, Dinan doesn't make springs for my F34, so I'm considering ACS.)
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
jww///95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31xd | f80m3

I might be in a few months... Just installed the ACS springs on the adaptive suspension and am damn happy after the first 5 days. Could stand to be a bit more firm on sport which is why I would consider the dinan software at a later date just with a lower priority than some other items on the wishlist.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipilcher View Post
Anyone running this combination?

(AFAIK, Dinan doesn't make springs for my F34, so I'm considering ACS.)
I have heard comments from a few customers that have had the combination done and they were all happy with the combination. Suspension mods are all kind of individual taste though and ones person soft is another stiff so its really hard to quantify them. Shockware was designed to work with any aftermarket spring set though.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 10:40 PM   #4
3.0hyeah
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jww///95 View Post
I might be in a few months... Just installed the ACS springs on the adaptive suspension and am damn happy after the first 5 days. Could stand to be a bit more firm on sport which is why I would consider the dinan software at a later date just with a lower priority than some other items on the wishlist.
I'm heavily considering this mod. Do you notice any bounciness from the spring upgrade? I always looked down on spring upgrades as being a half job because of mismatched spring rates/dampers, but I'm not sure how adaptive dampers factor in this equation.

Is there still a noticeable difference between comfort and sport? Is comfort actually still comfortable? Bouncy?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 06:07 AM   #5
jww///95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31xd | f80m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0hyeah View Post
I'm heavily considering this mod. Do you notice any bounciness from the spring upgrade? I always looked down on spring upgrades as being a half job because of mismatched spring rates/dampers, but I'm not sure how adaptive dampers factor in this equation.

Is there still a noticeable difference between comfort and sport? Is comfort actually still comfortable? Bouncy?
No bounce on comfort or sport settings. Overall, incredibly happy with end result for looks, ride quality, and handling.

Only thing I would look for after another few hundred miles on the car this week would be a touch more roll control. Have to see what xdrive sways are released in the future for front and rear, but might consider just a front bar now as I believe they are available. So sway bar(s) and/or shockware is on the to-do list.
Appreciate 0