proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

08-31-2015, 02:45 AM   #1
Mike_SSV
Rep
Drives: V8

Anyone considering W205 C63s?

I had my first sit in an actual C Class on the weekend. I was very dissapointed!

The transmission tunnel is extremely wide, the footrest was pathetic and with my 186cm frame and large feet I was very uncomfortable. The driving position felt unnatural also. Everything else looked great as you would expect.

I'm really not sure what Mercedes do, whether it is a RHD issue but their (smaller) cars just don't seem fit me!
(BMWs always feel just right for me, even the 1 series).

Anyway, would be keen to hear others thoughts. It is obviously off my list!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 05:25 AM   #2
samboy37
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 lci m3 mw/black/black/mpe

Had a look and a drive
I was impressed but not blown away. I prefer the bm cockpit. Much prefer the info screen on m3. Don't like the tablet at all in the merc Thought the Mb was too busy inside. Head space in the rear is tight I'm 184 cm as is my son and can't sit up straight
Thought bm seats more comfy
C63 Engine great and effortless and sounds terrific but I think the m3 sounds pretty good too. More metallic but still good
Sound system in mb very good
M3 looks better imo
After the price drop and from quotes I have been given 20-25k more expensive for merc-no contest really
Thinking pf an m performance exhaust for the m3 and then I think I will be just about perfect
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 06:55 AM   #3
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

I have one coming but I think M3 is much better value since the price drop. I also prefer M3 as a car as its lighter on its feet.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2015, 01:38 AM   #4
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

I think it really comes down to taste, what do you think looks better, whos interior do you think looks better.

If you are cross shopping between C63S and M3 now, unless you think the C63S looks better both inside and out, the M3 is the way to go. Performance wise they are very similar, put the money you saved on the M3 into an exhaust system + some mods if you want or just pocket the change either way you'll come out laughing with the M3.
Appreciate 0