ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

09-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
Eternal Vibration
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

LEASE TRANSFER OR SALE: 2015 M4 - Mineral White Metallic - 6spd Manual - $830/month!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 830.00

Item Interest
The time has come, new business investments will require me to cut back on expenses. I leased this M4 in late February 2015 brand new after giving up on finding a Cayman GTS. I will have to admit, I didn't like the car when I first got it. However, after a few months it began to grow on me. The 6 speed manual is such a nice gearbox. It was quite refreshing coming from a DCT E92 before. The refinement, the level of engineering is really something to appreciate. Although the time has been short, I'm sure going to miss it since its likely my next car will be 1/2 of the price.

I've never tracked or raced this car. Its my daily cruiser. Tires have plenty of life, no burnouts or any of that nonsense. It is extremely clean, no dents or dings, no tears or anything in the interior. I don't smoke, and I don't recall the back seats ever being used or sat on. I'm not a super neat freak but the car does get washed as needed. Its always kept in a heated underground parking garage. And of course kept up to date with all maintenance.

Options and Details:
2015 M4 Total MSRP: $75,525
- Mineral Metallic White (oh so nice)
- 6 Speed Manual
- Executive Package
- Driver Assistance Plus
- Adaptive M Suspension
- 19" 437M Wheels
- Moon Roof
- Navigation System
- Enhanced Bluetooth and Smartphone In

Aftermarket:
- 35% tint all around

Lease Details: (UPDATED 3/13/16)
Total Term Duration: 39 months (from Feb 21st 2015)
Total Mileage Allowance: 39,000mi (12k miles per year)
Current Miles: ~9990mi
Months Remaining: ~26 months
Miles Remaining: >1100mi per month (I don't use the full 1000 miles/month allotted so there are extra miles saved up)
Monthly Payment: 829.35(tax included in that price)

I get this question asked all the time:
[B]What is the point in doing a lease transfer, what makes this deal attractive over leasing new?/B]

Answer:
Value and flexibility. BMW typically offers 3 lease terms of 24, 36 or 39mo, at 10k, 12k or 15k miles allotted per year. The shorter the lease term, the higher the monthly cost becomes, the higher the mileage allowance, the higher the cost as well. If you do your homework, you will find this deal to be very competitive even with the down payment.

Now the value comes in several ways. With only 27 months remaining on the lease, this is a relatively short lease term. If you are anything like me, getting into a different car every 1-2 years is part of your never ending desire to try something new. I get bored with cars very quickly so the opportunity to acquire a vehicle with short lease terms is always attractive. If you do a new lease through BMW, you have to pay a heavy premium for a short term lease. But with this lease, you are already getting a great monthly rate and the term is short.

Aloso, because this car does not get driven every day, there are extra miles saved up. You get around 1000 miles extra per year which would also cost you more at the BMW dealer.

If you go to the BMW dealer and try to lease this exact M4 brand new, you would be hard pressed to get a 39mo lease, with 12k miles per year for less than what I am offering. But now if you try to lease a new M4 with a 28mo term and >12k miles per year, you would easily be paying over $1200 per month unless you make a huge down payment. On the order of 5k-10K.

As I am sure there are some people out there who would argue otherwise, but this has been my experience and I shopped around heavily in different market areas before getting this car. There are always exceptions and opinions to everything.

Transaction Terms:
Buyer is responsible for the $500 BMW lease transfer fees. Buyer is responsible for shipping or pickup. I am willing to meet a shipping truck within a 25mi radius for convenient pickup.

BUYOUT OPTION: $64,555
If you are not looking for a lease but would rather buy the car outright, you have the option to do so for the price above.
PM me with inquiries. Leave your email address and contact number. I will call, text or email per your preference. Terms are as stated above. Don't waste my time with low ball offers and I won't waste yours. I am quite familiar with the lease transfer process and have done it with past vehicles.

Last edited by Eternal Vibration; 03-13-2016 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
m2michael23
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition

Everything is perfect until that rood. sorry bro...
      09-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
Eternal Vibration
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Each to his own. That particular item has personal significance for reasons not suitable for discussion in this thread. It doesn't come with the car so no worries. Consider it perfect.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #4
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I think he meant the roof and hopefully not the rood.

GLWS.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
Eternal Vibration
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I forgot to mention the lease comes with a maintenance package as well.

EDIT: Apparently as of 2015, maintenance packages are no longer transferable.

Last edited by Eternal Vibration; 10-07-2015 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #6
paxton90292
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Vibration View Post
I forgot to mention the lease comes with a maintenance package as well.
Free BMW maintenance doesn't transfer to the new owner anymore....FYI
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #7
Eternal Vibration
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I will have to check on that. It is part of the lease package to the best of my knowledge. If somebody were to buy out the car then yes I'd agree. But If the lease is transferred it should be included. I will check on it.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 06:12 AM   #8
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

$3k down payment just kills this deal... You can lease a brand new '16 with similar options for the same payment with less than $3k out of pocket, given the incentives that are out there...

Tough to find anyone to shell out any kind of a down payment on a lease assumption for these cars...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #9
Eternal Vibration
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
$3k down payment just kills this deal... You can lease a brand new '16 with similar options for the same payment with less than $3k out of pocket, given the incentives that are out there...

Tough to find anyone to shell out any kind of a down payment on a lease assumption for these cars...
I'm not saying its not possible, to lease a 2016 model for less than 3k out of pocket, but i challenge one lease new with 12k miles a year, ALL of the options this car has, for lower than this rate. Probably not very common.

There are always ways to make a lease cheaper. Base model M4's, lower mileage allowance, etc. I'm not giving this car away and I see no reason to. It is still a great opportunity to get into a lightly used, well optioned M4 at a great monthly payment. There are many people out there paying $1000+ per month for similar M4's.

You must also consider that lease terms are not re-negotiable with BMW. Whenever the original owner signed up of at the beginning of the lease is fixed until the end of the lease, regardless of transfer. So if somebody has a $1000 lease payment, and offers some type of cash incentive to take over the lease, the monthly payment will always be $1000. But I'd imagine that some people just want a lower monthly payment, like myself.

If the deal isn't attractive to you, that is fine. Thankfully there are many other people in the world.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #10
trendy26
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Vibration
Quote:

I'm not saying its not possible, to lease a 2016 model for less than 3k out of pocket, but i challenge one lease new with 12k miles a year, ALL of the options this car has, for lower than this rate. Probably not very common.

There are always ways to make a lease cheaper. Base model M4's, lower mileage allowance, etc. I'm not giving this car away and I see no reason to. It is still a great opportunity to get into a lightly used, well optioned M4 at a great monthly payment. There are many people out there paying $1000+ per month for similar M4's.

You must also consider that lease terms are not re-negotiable with BMW. Whenever the original owner signed up of at the beginning of the lease is fixed until the end of the lease, regardless of transfer. So if somebody has a $1000 lease payment, and offers some type of cash incentive to take over the lease, the monthly payment will always be $1000. But I'd imagine that some people just want a lower monthly payment, like myself.

If the deal isn't attractive to you, that is fine. Thankfully there are many other people in the world.
I completely disagree with your rationale, but to each their own. As a side note, the M4 I have on order is 75,925 MSRP, with my lease payment being $815/month which includes 6% sales tax and $1,900 total out of pocket on a 36/12 lease term. (This includes $2,500 worth of additional incentives though)

As I said, take away the required money down, and you'll move your car a heck of a lot quicker.

Regardless, good luck...!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 10:16 AM   #11
M2Crew
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I completely disagree with your rationale, but to each their own. As a side note, the M4 I have on order is 75,925 MSRP, with my lease payment being $815/month which includes 6% sales tax and $1,900 total out of pocket on a 36/12 lease term. (This includes $2,500 worth of additional incentives though)

As I said, take away the required money down, and you'll move your car a heck of a lot quicker.

When I work the numbers on a $76,000 car at a $70,000 sales price (invoice or a bit less) with the current 57% residual for a 36/12 and a .00130 MF, I get a $940 payment (tax included).

Can you explain your math? ED, maybe?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 06:50 PM   #12
Eternal Vibration
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

If you have zero interest in purchasing or acquiring my vehicle I'd appreciate it if your comments are left out of this for sale thread. It seems quite common for people who have little to no genuine interest in actually buying anything, to enter forum for sale threads effectively saying "its too much, lower the price".

If you have a genuine inquiry I have stated that one can leave their contact details via PM and I will contact them.

I did not say that it was impossible to get a better deal on a car like this. But in my LONG shopping experience prior to leasing this vehicle, I found this to be quite an attractive deal and am offering to share the same deal with others.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 06:54 PM   #13
trendy26
Captain
Rep

Quite the rookie move there pal putting any money down on a lease aside from Inceptions, and expecting to get it back.....

Good luck anyway...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 10:22 PM   #14
M2Crew
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quite the rookie move there pal putting any money down on a lease aside from Inceptions, and expecting to get it back.....

Good luck anyway...
Can you speak to what deal you worked out to get an $815 after tax payment on a $76k M4?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #15
M2Crew
First Lieutenant
Rep

trendy26: Unless you're doing ED (which you probably aren't, since you claim to be getting a $2500 credit and practically all incentives are no good for ED) or getting the car for well below invoice, you're spouting complete BS. Don't comment if you're not going to substantiate your claim.

Eternal Vibration, GLWS - your $3,000 down payment offer is perfectly fair. The math says that a fantastic deal on a US delivery '16 will still cost ~$150/month more than your lease. Multiply that by the number of remaining months, and your car represents a lease term savings of nearly $4,500, and that's on top of the fact that the term is 7 months shorter (you've paid for 7 months of depreciation).
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #16
illson20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tanzanite M4

Completely agree with the op.. Not sure what math trendy was doing but I'm getting ready to take delivery on a '16 similarly optioned (70.5 sales price on 75k build) and am looking at payments of close to $880 assuming i throw down a lot more than 3K on the down payment..

Don't start the hating just yet because I live in GA and am doing owner's choice vs. a lease so the same no-no's on down-payments don't apply.

In any respect, $3k is a marginal amount to put down to get that monthly payment rate on a car with 6K miles. The OP leased this at peak residual rates for the year so it's undoubtedly a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #17
Eternal Vibration
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the support illson20 and mashoutposse. I appreciate it.

If the pictures are not working for anybody please pm me and I will send you them via dropbox. For some reason image shack's website has been having issues for the past few days.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 10:23 AM   #18
supsup
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: CLS63

Quote:

Good luck anyway...
I agree with this. Never ever ever put money down on a lease unless it's MSD money or you're certain that your paying off that residual at lease end.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #19
Eternal Vibration
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Everybody has their own strategies, expectations, and desires for purchasing or leasing a vehicle. This thread is a for sale / for lease thread for those who want to lease or buy this car. Not intended for people debate or criticize leasing terms or sale agreements and have no interest in in what is presented. If you don't like or agree with the terms, that's fine. There are many other options out there for you to explore.

None-the-less, thanks for the free bumps.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #20
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Vibration View Post
I will have to check on that. It is part of the lease package to the best of my knowledge. If somebody were to buy out the car then yes I'd agree. But If the lease is transferred it should be included. I will check on it.
Sorry but don't think it transfers:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...eoverride=true

GLWS
      10-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #21
SoFlo335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #22
Eternal Vibration
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

No deals have be closed yet, vehicle is still available.
Appreciate 0