BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

02-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW E92 M3

Looking for a Tint and Clear Bra shop in Bay Area

I am looking to get both for my E92 M3, coming in March. I've seen reccommendations for Auto Mall and Premier - both in Fremont, but was hoping to find a place that is closer to the City. Any reccommendations (and hook ups) would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
If I recall correctly, Premier is mobile; or they used to be at least. I'm going to call them tomorrow as I'm a few weeks behind you on delivery and live in SF as well.

The guys that did my current e46 M3's clear bra are up in Marin and did a great job. They work with Merc, BMW, Porsche, and the Ferrari guys in Marin.

What are you going to do about painted reflectors?

Last edited by DJ9; 03-05-2008 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
If I recall correctly, Premier is mobile; or they used to be at least. I'm going to call them tomorrow as I'm a few weeks behind you on delivery and live in SF as well.

The guys that did my current e46 M3's clear bra are up in Marin and did a great job. They work with Mer, BMW, Porsche, and Ferrari guys in Marin.

What are you going to do about painted reflectors?
The Premier i heard about is in Fremont, but I think there is a dude that does mobile clear bra. I might just go there since they do both tint and clear bra.

What painted reflectors? Now I feel like I know nothing about my new car
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWtE92 View Post
The Premier i heard about is in Fremont, but I think there is a dude that does mobile clear bra. I might just go there since they do both tint and clear bra.

What painted reflectors? Now I feel like I know nothing about my new car
What do you drive now? BMW? The infamous orange front bumper reflectors that come on all US M3 bumpers(other models too).

If you notice, about 90% of the photos you probably have been viewing do not have any front bumper reflectors as this is the Euro model. Note the below link:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89516

If you look on line at bmwusa or the Roundel mag, or any us publication, you will see this pic:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115356

Notice the large orange reflector now. People usually sell OEM Painted or get the OEM reflector painted which looks fantastic and switch out the markers.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #5
luckistryke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Very very fast

Give us a call. Your one stop shop for both clearbras and ceramic tints. We are located a block from East Bay BMW in Pleasanton.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111531

Or come to the NorCal M.O.M. Meet on March 15th and try your luck at winning the Clearbra/Tint raffles.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106377

-Vincent
      03-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckistryke View Post
Give us a call. Your one stop shop for both clearbras and ceramic tints. We are located a block from East Bay BMW in Pleasanton.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111531

Or come to the NorCal M.O.M. Meet on March 15th and try your luck at winning the Clearbra/Tint raffles.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106377

-Vincent
Vincent- Do you use pre-cut molds or are these custom cuts? What is the brand of the film used for the clear bras?

Thanks,

David
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #7
luckistryke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Vincent- Do you use pre-cut molds or are these custom cuts? What is the brand of the film used for the clear bras?

Thanks,

David
We offer the VentureShield Films w/ both custom cuts and pre-cuts. Zoebs E92 was a custom wrap.
Here is our latest job, Noble M400

One down and a gang of them to go

03-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
We offer the VentureShield Films w/ both custom cuts and pre-cuts. Zoebs E92 was a custom wrap.
Here is our latest job, Noble M400
Looks great. I'm expecting a mid April arrival for my e92. Will contact you guys closer to that time period for pricing. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

DJ9 which dealership are you getting yours from? I received a call from BMWSF that they have one available for delivery in 2 months. I declined as I'm with BMWSB. It seems like there are fewer buyers than half a year ago.

The clear film is a commodity. Get the best installer. Here's my baby at my office. The whole car's done with no visible lines
Attached Images

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #10
luckistryke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

inmotion, luv your line-up of toys
      03-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #11
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmotion View Post
DJ9 which dealership are you getting yours from? I received a call from BMWSF that they have one available for delivery in 2 months. I declined as I'm with BMWSB. It seems like there are fewer buyers than half a year ago.

The clear film is a commodity. Get the best installer. Here's my baby at my office. The whole car's done with no visible lines
I have the clear bra on my E46 M3, it is indeed worth every penny. Nice R8 my friend!

BMW SF was a no go for meas well, due to the premium they were expecting.

I ended up locking a very good price in with Sonnen BMW in Marin. My vehicele is currently built, and is making it's long journery over to the U.S.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 08:46 PM   #12
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
inmotion, luv your line-up of toys

thanks lucki.

dj9 are they still asking for a markup? My feeling is list or slightly above. BMWSB has a no markup policy, so I'm with them - should be taking deliver in 2-3 mos

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
thanks lucki.

dj9 are they still asking for a markup? My feeling is list or slightly above. BMWSB has a no markup policy, so I'm with them - should be taking deliver in 2-3 mos
That's correct, SF is expecting double dig prem's, and I have a hard time paying MSRP for most vehicles. I was able to get de minimis price above MSRP, extremely content.

So, is this vehicle numero 6 for you now? When are you picking up a Zonda

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #14
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's correct, SF is expecting double dig prem's, and I have a hard time paying MSRP for most vehicles. I was able to get de minimis price above MSRP, extremely content.

So, is this vehicle numero 6 for you now? When are you picking up a Zonda
The Zonda is a very nice machine, but it can only be sold as a grey market car. Getting it federalized would also be a pain in the ass, not to mention a $175k to get it through this process. Not worth it, plus who can maintain & service it?

It might sound funny, but I am very much looking forward to the new V8 in the M3. As much hype is going on for the new Mcar, I just do not see dealership's premium holding. Many would likely go with the tactic of taking off several thousand off of their $10k markup. For many of us and I'm sure for you as well, negotiations begin at msrp. We all work hard for our money, we're not going to throw it away like that.

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #15
Nakkamura
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 328i Coupe

I found Elite Auto Films through Yelp when looking for someone to put a clear bra on my new 3 series coupe. I was willing to pay a bit extra to get the job done right, and in the end my choice came down to Premier and Elite Auto Films.

I ended up choosing Elite Auto Films not only because they offered a more competitive price, but because Goshan (the owner) answered all my questions (and there were many) promptly and thoroughly.

I was able to get a highly customized package put together, with coverage on my full hood, fenders, mirrors, as well as front and rear bumpers. Most people usually get the partial coverage on the front hood+fenders but I knew that the line--although it's barely visible--would bother me, so I opted for the full hood and fenders. Goshan was very accommodating and a pleasure to work with.

(You might be wondering why I got the full coverage for the 3 series BMW - it's because I'm pretty anal when it comes to my car. When I trade in for the m3 there's no doubt that I'll be back to get the full car clear bra'ed.)

The actual caliber of work was excellent - and he also mentioned that if I saw any problems I could bring it back and get it fixed at no charge. I believe they also offer a full warranty on their work for 7 years. They have done a number of high end cars as well--I saw a Bentley parked outside while I was there.

Bottom line - great quality of work, at a fair price. They aren't the cheapest, but the fact that you're paying to get a clear bra on your car means that you're at least somewhat concerned about how your car looks, and a clear bra is something that you'll definitely want done right. If you're looking for a bay area clear bra installation I'd definitely consider Elite Auto.

I don't actually have a m3 yet but hopefully someday...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
major_kusanagi
SWARM & COIN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR/CF E92 M3

I have had 3 cars (09 M3, 08 328i, and 08 EX35) done by Jeremy at Invisiguard (Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net). His craftsmanship is truly remarkable. That's why he does a lot of exotics in the bay area. Needless to say, I am extremely happy with his installs. In fact, when I compared mine to other M3s with clearbar in the dealer's showroom, I realized how superior Jeremy's work is. Plus, his pricing is very reasonable (less than half of what I would've paid at the dealer for much better and more meticulous installation).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #17
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Whoa, this was over a year ago. Thanks for reminding me what my silver R8 looked like. Doesn't look quite as good as my Daytona Grey. btw, I had mine done with Premier when they were down here on one of their road shows.

Appreciate 0