09-15-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
EA has a 1M for sale with 75 miles (!!!) on it!

$75k!

sale pending, apparently! anyone here buying it?

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51

Last edited by IEDEI; 09-15-2015 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
CP 1///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Had a similar car a year ago when I was searching - VO 1M with 128KM on it, but asking for over $75K CDN at the time. The thing about a low mileage car like this is how much deterioration happens to the rubber parts and tires and how dry is the block given that it has been 3 years since manufactured...
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
$75k!

I wish!, but "investment grade" is a bit of a reach with that Idrive... lol in 20 years someone is going to rather have a stripper than that, laughable, out of date screen popped out of the dash, no offense to other navi owners but i cant stand it personally and it wouldnt be a preference on an "investment grade car"
You'll never regret pursuing what you really want....ever. You will, however, regret NOT doing things you wanted to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #4
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to make money, but all I have to see are those 3 letters (E A G) on a sales listing, and I hit the red X on the right top of the page to close the window
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #5
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135TX View Post
I wish!, but "investment grade" is a bit of a reach with that Idrive... lol in 20 years someone is going to rather have a stripper than that, laughable, out of date screen popped out of the dash, no offense to other navi owners but i cant stand it personally and it wouldnt be a preference on an "investment grade car"
idrive is great! it was a necessity for me when i was buying my car.

The thing to remember about features, is that NO 'investment grade' car is altered based upon the options it has....unless they are performance specific options (engines, etc). Functional options like navigation are VERY MUCH specific to the era in which this car was built (2011) and hence they will definitely be acceptable as options on a car in the future.

Sure technology gets outdated, but there is something very era-specific about seeing outdated electronics in cars. If you look at cars from any era they have outdated features! No big deal, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #6
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

And I thought mine was low mileage, buying at 4k miles last year.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #7
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:

The thing to remember about features, is that NO 'investment grade' car is altered based upon the options it has....unless they are performance specific options (engines, etc). Functional options like navigation are VERY MUCH specific to the era in which this car was built (2011) and hence they will definitely be acceptable as options on a car in the future.

Sure technology gets outdated, but there is something very era-specific about seeing outdated electronics in cars. If you look at cars from any era they have outdated features! No big deal, IMO.
+1. The stripper argument is tiring.
      09-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #8
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
$75k!

I think I will fly out to Ohio this weekend and buy it. Grrrrrrr......
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #9
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

I like that it's a 1-owner car.

I wonder if they changed the oil every 20-30 miles.

Like my wife, "The engine was regularly started and brought to temperature once a month."
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2015, 10:47 PM   #10
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Ugh poor car. Someone buy this and give it some proper TLC.
      09-15-2015, 11:52 PM   #11
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M, 2012 X5M, AMG E 63 S Wagon

I thought seriously about it as my second 1M, but with sales tax included and transpo I'd be closing in on 80k.. Pass. I'd rather have slightly more miles on a 2011 actually. 75 miles is just concerning… I would just think of every reason why they never drove the car and I would just obsess there was something I didn't catch and I was getting burned. Sweet looking though.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2015, 03:23 PM   #12
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskpsu
Quote:

+1. The stripper argument is tiring.
It's right though. Take a look at the E39 M5 market. Given how much more obtrusive he nav is in the 1M, I suspect the difference will be even greater.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 04:15 PM   #13
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M, 2012 X5M, AMG E 63 S Wagon

I see the argument for a stripper. I would never buy a stripper new, preferring my cars with nav and upgraded stereo (always), but I would absolutely buy an older used car as a stripper as things got out dated and fugly. like the older M5.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 05:10 PM   #14
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

For $75k, it's going to be a hard choice on how the car will be used.

Keep it collector will low mileage = won't enjoy it
Drive the shit out of it = might as well get a more reasonably priced one with higher miles.

But good for them if they actually sell it at that price. Sure serves as a positive for us current owners. I already love what they did for the z3 m coupes.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 07:03 PM   #15
EldRick
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO - #161 US

I see a lot of 1Ms with high asking prices, but not so many with high selling prices.

That said, IMHO, the display would be tolerable if it didn't include the worlds' worst navigation system. I haven't seen GPS software this bad in twenty years. I'm going to 3D print a holder for my phone, so I can use Google maps in the display hole.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #16
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick
I see a lot of 1Ms with high asking prices, but not so many with high selling prices.

That said, IMHO, the display would be tolerable if it didn't include the worlds' worst navigation system. I haven't seen GPS software this bad in twenty years. I'm going to 3D print a holder for my phone, so I can use Google maps in the display hole.
it's not bad at all...have you tried using other cars OEM systems? the Audi maps I've used are worse....I quite like the idrive system on the whole
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #17
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
it's not bad at all...have you tried using other cars OEM systems? the Audi maps I've used are worse....I quite like the idrive system on the whole
I thought the audi nav on my 2011 S5 was a lot better, until I found out something interesting about the nav system on our cars. Granted, I'm not sure if this dates back to the version on the 1M or not, but apparently, if you are using the nav in a split screen format as I found out one day - with nav as main, and my music on the right side, suddenly, the nav got 10x better.

When I had exits and turns to make, it then was suddenly showing me detailed drawings of maps and illustrated freeway signs on the right split screen portion showing me where to exit/turn, what lanes to be in, etc. I hadn't seen this anywhere in the manual or anything and thought the nav sucked for a year and a half til I found this out. So, I suggest giving it a try if you don't normally have the split screen enabled when you're using navigation.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #18
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
It's right though. Take a look at the E39 M5 market. Given how much more obtrusive he nav is in the 1M, I suspect the difference will be even greater.
That's one reason why I bought my stripper - my iPhone has better nav than the 1M and the Nav doesn't fit with the entire concept of the car. I don't know the split between loaded cream puffs vs strippers but in general the lower production cars bring the most $$.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #19
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

My 1M doesn't have Nav, but my 135i does. What I would like to see on the Nav screen is my actual mph speed computed from the gps satellite information, like any self-respecting Garmin unit will do. The speedometers on both my 1M and 135i read about 3mph optimistic, especially at highway speed. I am selective on where I risk getting points on my license, and generally speaking, you are home free where I drive if you don't go more than 5 mph over. When passing on twisty 2 lane roads I throw caution to the wind when it comes to the speeds I will reach, but for the more boring sections where no one in front is blocking me, I'm satisfied to go 70 on a two lane road, knowing that my chance of getting a ticket is vanishingly small.

Don't know why this obvious function does not seem to be possible to get out of the Nav unit on these cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #20
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135TX View Post
What part of this car wont be "out of date" in 20 years?
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #21
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
Let's say an e36 m3 had a giant green screen with ms-dos running or there was a option to have only the on board computer which would you take?im not saying the rest of the car won't be out of date I'm just saying the preference would be for no I drive. Of course it's my personal opinion but it is what it is
You'll never regret pursuing what you really want....ever. You will, however, regret NOT doing things you wanted to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 11:19 PM   #22
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
Let's say an e36 m3 had a giant green screen with ms-dos running or there was a option to have only the on board computer which would you take?im not saying the rest of the car won't be out of date I'm just saying the preference would be for no I drive. Of course it's my personal opinion but it is what it is
it won't matter. there are plenty of 80s Ferraris for sale with built in cell phones that come in a BRIEFCASE....they sell just fine because when people buy older cars they buy the car from a different time. That's understood.
Appreciate 0