THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing SCCA Track Night – Milwaukee Mile 9/17/15

09-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
casper83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i XDrive

SCCA Track Night – Milwaukee Mile 9/17/15

Finally made it out to a road course track. Unfortunately the rain kind of spoiled it. It was still tons of fun though. It had been far too long since I had run a road course.

The car handled great, but obviously I could only push it so far. I’m running RE-71R’s that are fairly new, so they had no issue in the rain. The tire is a bit tall in profile (235/40-18), but I live in Wisconsin so the other 99% of driving it’s nice to have for the pot holes and heaves.

Going to give it another shot at Road America next week. Any advice on how to get rid of my 130mph limiter?

I did experience an issue on the last session. The car backfired and lost power momentarily. This was shortly after I hit the straight. My first thought was fuel starvation. The gas light was on, the gauge said I had only 25 miles to go, yet when I let the car sit there was just a little under a quarter tank. Anyone have experience with tracking the car with less than ¼ tank? It would surprise me to have a starvation issue with that much fuel, but not sure what else would have made it happen. I took a cool down lap and got off the track after that.

Here’s a youtube link of second session:

I’m definitely not a professional race car driver, but it’s all in good fun.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 06:51 AM   #2
opfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rabbit

nice, I forgot about this event, but wasn't planning on doing it this year, hope it comes back next year.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
casper83
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Definitely worth doing. I regret not getting to one sooner. Tony and the event crew were very organized and efficient.

There is an event next Friday at Road America. I think today is the last day to register though:
https://www.marchofdimes.org/wiscons...rBabies15.html
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
opfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper83 View Post
Definitely worth doing. I regret not getting to one sooner. Tony and the event crew were very organized and efficient.

There is an event next Friday at Road America. I think today is the last day to register though:
https://www.marchofdimes.org/wiscons...rBabies15.html
one of the reasons I'm not doing it this year, is I need a helmet, the new 2015 snell will be out this year, but not until end of October, and I'd rather wait, get the newest standard, then do a bunch of track days next year.

hope to see you out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 09:07 PM   #5
casper83
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opfreak View Post
one of the reasons I'm not doing it this year, is I need a helmet, the new 2015 snell will be out this year, but not until end of October, and I'd rather wait, get the newest standard, then do a bunch of track days next year.

hope to see you out there.
Makes sense on the helmet.

It would definitely be good to see another 2-series out.
Appreciate 0