THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Southeast American European Motorsports SC Chapter

09-24-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

American European Motorsports SC Chapter

So in case anyone is interested here is the link to the South Carolina chapter of AEMS. There are also chapters in FL, NC, and Maryland.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AEMS.SC/
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 07:45 PM   #2
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

Here's the backstory for the SC Chapter. You know, in case you didn't want to check out the Book of Faces page.

American European Motorsports was created with one simple mission in mind, to give car enthusiast a community wherein they could interact with other car devotees. Here they could exchange ideas and help with each other's dream and show their own unique gift of car customization.

AE Motorsports consists of individuals from different backgrounds who have the same passion and love for tuning vehicles ranging from American to European and even Asian automobiles. We strive to remain as a tight family of car tuners by having meetings, roll-outs, participating in organized racing and car shows whether just watching or participating throughout the Carolinas all year long. There are many members today spread across the globe. Member numbers continue as the love of car culture increases. It's not about the cars as much as it is about the people who drive them.

My name is Steve and I am the President of the South Carolina Chapter and one of the members who helped to revitalize this car family in 2014. I am happily married to my beautiful wife, Amber, who has been by my side and supported me fully. We have 4 sons. AE Motorsports is continuously growing and providing great support towards every car enthusiast community since it was founded in Grafenwoehr, Germany on January 1, 2007.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #3
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

So since there is some interest in other threads for a get together of some sorts for the area I will just use this thread I already started instead of making a new one and cluttering up the forum.

So, I usually work every day of the week with the exceptions of Sunday and Monday but with enough notice in advance I can shift a day around if need be. I'm thinking that Saturday would be the best day of the week for most people. I just need to get some feedback from the peeps in the area to see what works for the majority. Also if you know anyone else interested in just hanging out with other like minded car people feel free to send them to this thread and have them chime in. I know there are quite a few nice BMW's in the area here in Columbia. F series M5, couple E92 M3's, couple of AMG's.

I hope to hear from some of you that I've seen in this forum soon. Take care.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Signed up
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 09:07 PM   #5
BPC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

how about a sunday meet - sounds like that would work better for you. i am not against a saturday
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 04:42 AM   #6
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC
how about a sunday meet - sounds like that would work better for you. i am not against a saturday
Sunday afternoons work best for me most of the time. Anyone else have a preference?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #7
HTTP 410
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Saturdays and Sundays work for me.

(SOLD) 2018 M2 BSM LCI, DCT, Executive, Drivers Assist, CarPlay
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 09:17 PM   #8
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

Just some Humor from friends in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 11:35 AM   #9
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

So apparently there is Cars and Coffee here in Columbia located at the Carmike Cinema's on Forest just behind the Wal-Mart near I-77. It was this morning from 8-11. I missed it due to work. Maybe we can try and go next month. 3rd Saturday of each month.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #10
BPC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

That is right next to where I live. Did not know about it
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 10:54 PM   #11
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Any Charleston meets?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #12
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero
Any Charleston meets?
There are but yah gotta search for them.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #13
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

So got stopped for the tint on my car today by a State Trooper with a huge chip on his shoulder. He was a real nice Gentleman. So I'm going to court for a $200 ticket. Either I fix my ride and go to court and then they will excuse the ticket, in which case I'm still spending that much if not more on new tint. At least I wouldn't have Misdemeanor on my record. So if you didn't know that's what it's considered. Or I can get a medical affidavit from my doctor that will allow me to exceed the legal limit for medical reasons. It still doesn't mean the judge won't make me pay the money because I got the affidavit after the fact.

I get bad headaches from glare and the sun due to having a TBI injury after being blown up by bad guys on more than 6 occasions while in foreign countries serving ours. I was planning on getting this done a while ago but I've been too busy with work and 6 different appointments at VA in the past month and a half. It's not like my brain wasn't scrambled when he pulled me over.

I was on Hardscrabble heading south towards the Farrow Rd. intersection when he passed me and flipped around to pull me over. In fairness I'm way over the legal limit and had it done that way because legal tint doesn't cut it with my melon.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #14
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Dude, get the medical waiver. That's insane. Of all of the things to pull someone over for.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #15
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero
Dude, get the medical waiver. That's insane. Of all of the things to pull someone over for.
I know right but I have to wonder if the judge is gonna wanna hear it and excuse the loot because I didn't have the waiver when he pulled me over.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 11:42 PM   #16
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
I know right but I have to wonder if the judge is gonna wanna hear it and excuse the loot because I didn't have the waiver when he pulled me over.
Usually as long as you get the paperwork straight by the time the court date comes up you'll be fine. It's worth a shot man. Worst case scenario you pay a reduced fine, but get to keep the tint thanks to the waiver.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 11:27 AM   #17
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Usually as long as you get the paperwork straight by the time the court date comes up you'll be fine. It's worth a shot man. Worst case scenario you pay a reduced fine, but get to keep the tint thanks to the waiver.
I think that's the route I'm going to go. It sucks that I will have a dang misdemeanor on my record for tint on my car. To me, that's just a little extreme. It's tint not a crack pipe.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 07:06 PM   #18
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

So I'm starting my LLC and should be changing careers to Professional Auto Detailer soon. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #19
BPC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
So I'm starting my LLC and should be changing careers to Professional Auto Detailer soon. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Best of luck. i may try you out, but i have to admit, half the fun in my book is doing it myself, and my wife will kill me if i use a professional after buying piles of car care stuff i keep acquiring.

maybe ill bring you her car. it needs work. Nissan Armada with light scratches on passenger side. i would do it myself but it is sooooo damn big.

it is also a sea of swirl marks.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 08:34 PM   #20
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC View Post
Best of luck. i may try you out, but i have to admit, half the fun in my book is doing it myself, and my wife will kill me if i use a professional after buying piles of car care stuff i keep acquiring.

maybe ill bring you her car. it needs work. Nissan Armada with light scratches on passenger side. i would do it myself but it is sooooo damn big.

it is also a sea of swirl marks.
Sounds good. I will let you know when I get started. Seems I need to be licensed in 6 different places doing business here in the area. I'm always here to answer questions about detailing stuff if you like as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #21
SteveInfante
United_States
Rep

Cars and Coffee on 19 March, 2016 here in Columbia if anyone wants to meet up there. Here's the address.

5320 Forest Dr, Columbia, SC

It's at the Winsong Theater parking lot behind Wal-Mart on Forest drive. If you aren't from Columbia then it's just off of I-77.

I am changing careers due to some things that have transpired so I will have more time to devote to car stuff very soon.

Prost!!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 04:11 PM   #22
BPC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Right next door to me so I will be there
Appreciate 0