BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

09-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #1
Bryan_Rivera
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4   [0.00]
DINAN!!!

Anyone in the South Florida area I work at Vista BMW in Coconut creek and we just became an authorized DINAN dealer. You can contact me here through DM or shoot me a text on my cell at 561 789 8690 if you have any questions or want to get an estimate on any products. We have two demo cars with ECU and exhaust upgrades! They are really amazing products, add a ton of power, and most importantly do not void your warranty!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Rivera
Anyone in the South Florida area I work at Vista BMW in Coconut creek and we just became an authorized DINAN dealer. You can contact me here through DM or shoot me a text on my cell at 561 789 8690 if you have any questions or want to get an estimate on any products. We have two demo cars with ECU and exhaust upgrades! They are really amazing products, add a ton of power, and most importantly do not void your warranty!
That is 100% false! DINAN is not covered under BMW manufactures warranty!! However, if it is found that the tune (or whatever part) caused the problem, DINAN would "pay the bill". Good luck getting them to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #3
Bryan_Rivera
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
That is 100% false! DINAN is not covered under BMW manufactures warranty!! However, if it is found that the tune (or whatever part) caused the problem, DINAN would "pay the bill". Good luck getting them to do that.
Dinan offers the same 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty that BMW offers with a new car. It does not void your warranty to have any of these parts added to your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep

Dinan pays for the repairs, BMW does not. Therefor, it is not a BMW warrantable item.

As a former BMW service advisor for 7+ years, I have personally had bad experiences dealing directly with dinan and trying to get them to pay for issues their products have caused (i.e. Supercharger issues on E46).

Maybe they have changed their procedures, I really hope they have.
Quote:
Quote:
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 07:08 PM   #5
Bryan_Rivera
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
Dinan pays for the repairs, BMW does not. Therefor, it is not a BMW warrantable item.

As a former BMW service advisor for 7+ years, I have personally had bad experiences dealing directly with dinan and trying to get them to pay for issues their products have caused (i.e. Supercharger issues on E46).

Maybe they have changed their procedures, I really hope they have.
They have their own warranty you still take it to the dealership to have warranty work done regardless of
Who pays for it. Just sharing information that is passed on to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 07:39 AM   #6
NickRac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Rivera View Post
Just sharing information that is passed on to me.
Instead of mindlessly passing on whatever information is handed to you why not do some more research? Then you wouldn't find yourself in situations where you don't know the difference between a BMW warranty and a DINAN warranty and what is and is not covered under each.

You're sound like the kind of guy who shares the facebook troll posts posting absurdly false news stories because you didn't take the time to research. Just another one of the sheeple.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

I'm confused where in his post where does it say it is covered under the BMW warranty? It just says it will not void it which is technically true.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 09:02 AM   #8
M.A.R.C.
Second Lieutenant
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRac View Post
Instead of mindlessly passing on whatever information is handed to you why not do some more research? Then you wouldn't find yourself in situations where you don't know the difference between a BMW warranty and a DINAN warranty and what is and is not covered under each.

You're sound like the kind of guy who shares the facebook troll posts posting absurdly false news stories because you didn't take the time to research. Just another one of the sheeple.

sheesh that was harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I hate picking user names View Post
I'm confused where in his post where does it say it is covered under the BMW warranty? It just says it will not void it which is technically true.
That's what I understood from the post and "historically" heard. So long as the Dinan mods are installed at a BMW dealer.
      10-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #9
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I hate picking user names
It voids the particular part on BMW's side; you then have to file the warranty claim for the causal part with DINAN.

Example: if you have a DINAN tune, and you spin the crank timing gear hub, BMW will blame the DINAN tune. DINAN will push back on BMW, and you will be stuck in the middle. Just beware, and be prepared for a cluster fk should something like this happen.
Quote:
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 05:18 PM   #10
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by I hate picking user names View Post
I thought Op's post was true.

Being semi-local to Dinan there is a lot of their stuff up here in the bay area. The shop who builds my cars is an authorized dealer and has had no issues with Dinan's warranty on parts. A lot of the BMW dealers here are Dinan Dealers as well, so in the rare case that you have an issue, it makes the warranty process extremely smooth.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #11
Bryan_Rivera
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4   [0.00]
Quote:

And you sound like the type of guy that wants to bash someone through a computer screen I put information out there to try and sell a product no one is forcing you to read or reply to this specific post.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 12:50 AM   #12
NickRac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Rivera View Post
And you sound like the type of guy that wants to bash someone through a computer screen I put information out there to try and sell a product no one is forcing you to read or reply to this specific post.
Right - and according to forum rules you also need to have a sponsor account for that.

I have no issue meeting in person if you'd like to discuss warranties. But I also have a deep respect for this community and we don't need people like you coming here to "put information out there to try and sell a product" - especially when the information you are providing is incorrect and the product you are trying to sell is already being sold by reputable forum members who have already added value to the community.
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #13
gopggo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition

Quote:
Right - and according to forum rules you also need to have a sponsor account for that.

I have no issue meeting in person if you'd like to discuss warranties. But I also have a deep respect for this community and we don't need people like you coming here to "put information out there to try and sell a product" - especially when the information you are providing is incorrect and the product you are trying to sell is already being sold by reputable forum members who have already added value to the community.
I'm glad the OP posted - thanks Bryan for sharing it is helpful...I've wanted to hear one of these in person so once I can break away from the evil stares from my wife, I'll look you guys up!

Nick I get where you're coming from but no need to be so aggressive, and if you want to talk about respect maybe you should give it?
Appreciate 0