BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) F48 upgraded parking assistant / pdc

09-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
did75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 f48 x1 xline (eu spec)

F48 upgraded parking assistant / pdc

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...em=node__4099#

I have a euro spec f48 planed for delivery by the end of the month and was wondering if I would get this upgraded pdc/parking assistant feature (I have pma and front + rear pdc spec'd). Seems odd to already having upgrades coming in from Bmw for a car which is still not on the roads.

Does anyone know how this upgraded system works? Additional sensors ? Purely software stuff ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 03:28 AM   #2
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Gah! I hate these marketing press releases. They're always late (we've known about 18i, 18d and M Sport since August) and they are worded in a way that confuse the crap out of people.

After reading the PDF a couple of times, this is what I understood: rear PDC sensors as standard in all trims including the base SE/Advantage trim (page 5; We've known this since July!!!).

The updated parking assist allows perpendicular auto parking. Will need sensor upgrades. Only available with 1, 2, 3 and 4 Series.

Basically, the part that's relevant to X1 introduces M Sport and its standard features plus the two new smaller engines and manual transmission. Nothing more.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 04:18 AM   #3
did75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 f48 x1 xline (eu spec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD View Post
Gah! I hate these marketing press releases. They're always late (we've known about 18i, 18d and M Sport since August) and they are worded in a way that confuse the crap out of people.

After reading the PDF a couple of times, this is what I understood: rear PDC sensors as standard in all trims including the base SE/Advantage trim (page 5; We've known this since July!!!).

The updated parking assist allows perpendicular auto parking. Will need sensor upgrades. Only available with 1, 2, 3 and 4 Series.

Basically, the part that's relevant to X1 introduces M Sport and its standard features plus the two new smaller engines and manual transmission. Nothing more.
You're right, there are multiple ways to read it. I understood that the sentence Furthermore, an optimised version of the Parking Assistant, which thanks to additional sensors guarantees even more precise manoeuvring in parking spaces, will be on offer as from the autumn of 2015.
applied to X1 as well... and I still think by reading it ;-)
Appreciate 0