BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) ACC Stop & Go=No Heated Steering Wheel

10-05-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
nickrice20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive

ACC Stop & Go=No Heated Steering Wheel

The wife and I are a little disappointed as we ordered a basically fully loaded US Spec Mineral White X1 non M-Sport but can't combine too important options. If the vehicle is ordered with Active Cruise Stop and Go and the Cold Weather Package the heated steering wheel is not available. This is quoted from our sales agent.

"I hope you are well. I just came into an e-mail from Munich. As you are
ordering ACC stop and Go they cannot order it with a Heated Steering wheel.
Could you please let me know you are okay with this or is one option more
important than the other."

Also quite surprised that we only saved $50 USD by removing the heated steering wheel from the cold weather package. This is just an FYI for people ordering soon.

Hopefully later on you can get both ACC and a Heated Steering, but as of now it isn't possible.

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited by nickrice20; 10-05-2015 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 01:15 AM   #2
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

That's correct. Note you can get the heated steering wheel with Cold Weather Package (ZCW), Driver Assistance Package (ZDA), and Active Driving Assistant (5AS). In this combination ZCW costs $550. This is how I ordered mine since I don't really need Stop & Go; I don't drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic much. However, I do drive every weekday during the winter, so I need that heated wheel!

As the original poster mentioned, you cannot get a heated steering wheel with Cold Weather Package (ZCW), Driver Assistance Package (ZDA), and ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant (5AT). BMW lowers the price of ZCW to $500 and gives you a non-heated wheel.
      06-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #3
skr9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2001 Audi TT

Really curious why you cannot order ACC and a heated steering wheel. Did they run out of spaces for the buttons, or is there a real technical reason?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by skr9 View Post
Really curious why you cannot order ACC and a heated steering wheel. Did they run out of spaces for the buttons, or is there a real technical reason?
The button to activate and deactivate the heated steering wheel isn't actually on the wheel, so it can't be that... It's on the side of the steering column, unhelpfully out of sight so you have to feel around for it a little bit. But you do get a visual notification in the instrument display when turning it on or off. It was an option I had on an old 5 series estate some years ago, and was quite pleased to be able to add it when I ordered our X1 back in 2016. It's good in the cold English winters
Appreciate 0