E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > antiseptic smell from heater vents

10-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #1
nogoer
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92

antiseptic smell from heater vents

I just picked up my e92 from service last saturday and on the way home minutes after leaving the dealer i smelled this overwhelming smell like someone just applied way too much hand sanitizer. At first i just thought it was some random smell, then it happened again a little while later. Then it went away for a few days and happened twice this morning.

A quick contact with the dealer led nowhere, so im wondering if anyone else has smelled this before? In the 5 months of owning the car it's never once happened. Maybe they sprayed some sort of a/c cleaner, but it was in for CPO spark plug replacements due to some rough running issues so idk why they would be cleaning the a/c for fun.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
get the engine bay washed and replace cabin filter
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
nogoer
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEDI View Post
get the engine bay washed and replace cabin filter
If theres something coming from the engine bay after replacing only spark plugs then i need to seriously find a new dealer for service. Even if it was it should have evaporated or burnt off by now. The cabin filter was just fine until the smell just appeared saturday. There wasn't any other bad smells and i never complained to them about off smells. The smell comes and then goes and it's fine except the fact the smell has come back a couple times now.
Appreciate 0