F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > M Sport ride height...higher only on front driver side?
Studio RSR

10-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

M Sport ride height...higher only on front driver side?

I have read that BMW (and other car companies) purposely has the driver side higher than the passenger to account for the driver weight. Makes sense. With the driver, the car ride height will be closer to balanced. This makes sense to me however when I measured the ride height of the stock M Sport suspension, only the front driver side was higher by 3/16". The rear driver and passenger ride height was the same. This doensnt make sense to me. Shouldnt both front and rear driver side ride height be a little higher since both ends compress a bit with a driver in the car? I have coilovers now so I am trying to figure out what height to make the driver and passenger sides.

On a related note then, how should the car be aligned then? Should it be aligned with the driver side higher than passenger? Or should someone sit in it to level it out?

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport

Last edited by tboooe; 10-19-2015 at 09:51 AM..
Appreciate 0