F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Did Dealer Screwed DHP Sport/Sport+ Function??
proTUNING Freaks

10-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #1
lokito
Registered
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 335i ///M Sport

Just wanted to get an opinion on issues with DHP after getting the car back from repair service at the dealer. I took my 335i to the dealer to fix a knocking/clunking noise originating on the front/left suspension area. The dealer replaced the strut mount, left strut, and several steering components but the noise was still present. They finally isolated the problem to internal fault in the steering rack. After test driving the car I found the knocking noise was fixed, but I could no longer tell the difference in performance from the suspension/steering between Comfort and Sport/Sport+ settings. I switched settings around on the Driving Mode options to see if it would make a difference, but nothing.

Before the repair, I could automatically tell the difference in steering wheel stiffness, even driving a low speed around a parking lot, now I don't. The suspension feels a little stiffer on Sport settings, but is very slightly different than it used to when switching between Comfort and Sport. I complained about it and had the shop foreman test drive the car, but he claims that it is operating as designed. He said the stiffness on the steering is only felt at highway speeds, which I think is BS. He also said that the fact that I used to feel the steering a lot stiffer was possibly due to the fact of the steering rack being faulty. If that's the case, it was faulty since I got the car from day one, again I think is pure BS. Is there any way to check the coding/programming? Which module would that be and what coding setting should be checked to confirm they programmed the car according to DHP specs? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks!