THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Electronic Rust Inhibitors

11-25-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
bbsupersport
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Mineral Grey

Electronic Rust Inhibitors

Interesting article!
Worth a read if you've ever considered having one of these installed.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...article535224/
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
siwo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i RWD 6MT

Garage List
Yup, I remember doing a lot of checking out in the past and the wordings were pretty similar to what this article says. If your vehicle is not in contact with water all the time then the device is technically not that effective. I personally wouldn't spend the money on an electronic device. However, many are doing rust proofing on vehicles but in my past experience, it makes no real difference on the car either. My old (Honda) car had the rust proofing done to it, however I still had rust! In fact, certain places tend to rust faster and it was just a sore eye to look at. Unfortunately in Canada our roads are contaminated with salts & chemicals during the harsh winter months. We cannot avoid this all unless we take our cars to the car wash daily after driving in the salt OR park our vehicles through winter.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 05:20 AM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

These things were also being hawked around fifteen years ago, surprisingly Pat Goss of 'Motorweek' mentioned/recommended them in his segment back then and one of his detractors responded what a scam the devices were on cars.
Appreciate 0