BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Ordered! 2016 X1 xDrive25i (AUS)

12-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #1
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI

Ordered! 2016 X1 xDrive25i (AUS)

Hi Guys!

Recently ordered a new X1 for the Mrs. Went for the top of the range petrol because here is Aus it comes with a truck load of standard features.

2016 X1 xDrive25i
Alpine White
M Sport Kit
Sunroof
Harmon Kardon
Driving Assistance Plus
Black Leather
Matt Wood Grain Trim (Im not sure this is actually an option with the M Sport??)

They have told me I'm on the Jan or Feb list. Not much more info than that though.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 10:25 PM   #2
PF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i M Sport

Hey kab999!

Congrats!! Almost the same as our (AUS) order - also an xDrive 25i in Alpine White and M Sport (you have the extra H/K and Assistance Plus, while we chose Sun Glazing and DAB+). My car is scheduled for production first week of Jan.

Pretty sure Matt Wood Grain trim is not officially an option on the M Sport (it's not shown on the spec guide) but who knows maybe they can order it on their system. I went with the Aluminium Hexagon with blue highlight, to go with Black leather with blue stitching.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 11:06 PM   #3
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Congrats
Sounds like a choice. I think you will be told that the Matt Wood Grain Trim is not available for the M Sport.
Now for the long wait (or so it seems)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 11:47 PM   #4
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Yes I've heard that the matt wood trim is not available with m sport form a few people now.

If so I will most likely switch to the polished black with blue highlight trim and change the leather to blue stitching.

But ultimately it's up to the boss cos it's her car!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 08:29 PM   #5
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Just an update.

So the Matt Wood Grain is definitely not an option with the M Sport Pack.

So we switched to the Brushed Aluminium and also changed the leather to have the blue stitching. Should look pretty good.

We also considered switching the colour to metallic black because of all the negative comments about the rear bumper cut out on the M Sport looking daft, but in the end I really did prefer the Alpine White with the front of the M Sport so I'm hoping the back will actually look ok in the flesh
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2015, 11:38 PM   #6
PF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Didn't like the Estoril Blue that looks quite stunning in the photos posted recently? I've seen a couple of black X1s (not M Sport) and I think that black hides the contours making it look more bland. Mineral Grey might be best at disguising the rear bumper. Anyhow my Alpine White is already locked in, so hoping for the best - my gut instinct tells me it will look just fine in real life. As a fellow Melburnian which dealer did you order from? Got mine at Brighton.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 11:32 PM   #7
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewx1 View Post
Didn't like the Estoril Blue that looks quite stunning in the photos posted recently? I've seen a couple of black X1s (not M Sport) and I think that black hides the contours making it look more bland. Mineral Grey might be best at disguising the rear bumper. Anyhow my Alpine White is already locked in, so hoping for the best - my gut instinct tells me it will look just fine in real life. As a fellow Melburnian which dealer did you order from? Got mine at Brighton.
Congrats on the order!

I did like the EB but my Mrs didn't and given its her car she has final say!
MG might be an option but I have a feeling it might be too late to make another change. But I think you are right, AW will look better in the flesh. And if not who cares! I still love my pre-LCI M135i with the bug-eyes!

Got mine from Southbank dealership. Gave me a ridiculous deal which smoked the 5 other dealers I spoke to. And before you ask, they swore me to secrecy!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 02:42 AM   #8
PF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Haha yeah exactly, who cares?! My wife wanted a white car this time, so it was either Mineral White or Alpine. I felt the brighter, whiter AW would look sportier with M Sport.

Interesting how different people's experiences at the same dealer/s can be so different. I didn't have a good experience at Southbank myself (despite that being my local dealer) - salesperson was a bit clueless about the car & options, not at all forthcoming with prices and discounting, and just seemed pushy. I guess it depends on the day and who you get. Also visited a number of other dealers including Doncaster, South Yarra and Glen Waverley. In the end I'm happy enough getting 12% off RRP for mine, being a new release - I'm sure if I wait longer it will get cheaper, that's how it goes.
Appreciate 0