F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > what is this?
Extreme Powerhouse

12-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
instalher
25cent millionaire
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m4 comp vert

Garage List
2020 bmw  [0.00]
  [9.00]
  [0.00]
  [9.50]
2018 bmw 230i xdrive  [8.50]
what is this?

hey guys we have had a bit of a cold snap out here minus 20 ect. and I have left my car outside for a couple of days, I have gone in and out of my car a couple of times to grab stuff, so the car woke up each time for the programmed min. Now my wife jumps in the car this morning and it barely starts and she gets a code. battery discharging while stopped.. what does this mean?? so I bring it back in the shop and place the battery on a smart charger a semalex sec 1245a. for the night, start it again in the morning, starts ok but message is still there... any ideas guys and how can I reset that code? I have the usb to obd harness as well. plus all the tokens and keys to code the car if that helps for Dakleone. Just measured with my amp meter, current draw off the battery. Was at 6.6 to start thru dropped to .1amps after around 8 min.

Last edited by instalher; 12-20-2015 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 02:33 PM   #2
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by instalher View Post
hey guys we have had a bit of a cold snap out here minus 20 ect. and I have left my car outside for a couple of days, I have gone in and out of my car a couple of times to grab stuff, so the car woke up each time for the programmed min. Now my wife jumps in the car this morning and it barely starts and she gets a code. battery discharging while stopped.. what does this mean?? so I bring it back in the shop and place the battery on a smart charger a semalex sec 1245a. for the night, start it again in the morning, starts ok but message is still there... any ideas guys and how can I reset that code? I have the usb to obd harness as well. plus all the tokens and keys to code the car if that helps for Dakleone. Just measured with my amp meter, current draw off the battery. Was at 6.6 to start thru dropped to .1amps after around 8 min.
Happened to me last year, called the dealer, they to,d me to drive the car for an hour to charge the battery fully. I did that but the message still was there. It did go away after a couple days and as the weather got a bit warmer..hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
instalher
25cent millionaire
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m4 comp vert

Garage List
2020 bmw  [0.00]
  [9.00]
  [0.00]
  [9.50]
2018 bmw 230i xdrive  [8.50]
thank you will try that, its warming up out here in Red Deer so I hope this warmer weather will make a difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 06:15 PM   #4
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by instalher View Post
It did the same when it was -40 degrees celcius here. It's completely normal when it's really cold out. It just warns you that the battery is losing power due to the temperature and it's shutting off useless electronics to conserve power (comfort access)

Just drive around in eco pro for a while and brake alot so regenative braking helps charge it a bit faster.
Appreciate 0