THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Closing Windows and Folding Mirrors on F23

01-01-2016, 07:08 PM   #1
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Closing Windows and Folding Mirrors on F23

I just tried to code closing windows and folding mirrors from the key fob on my F23 but it didn't work and then found out from the forums that there seems to be something that has to do with convertibles that makes it not work.
Are there any F23 owners who have figured it out?

If anyone has this enabled from factory can you please send me your FEM_BODY and CVM ncd files?

Last edited by Gabrola; 01-02-2016 at 12:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #2
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep

Still wondering if anyone got this working. I figured out setting FH_CABRIO_VERDECK_MODUL to nicht_aktiv lets it work, but then I lose operation of the soft top.
I've also installed a SmartTop module which allows me to open and close the top from the key fob and opening and closing the windows from the fob. Curiously, opening and closing the mirrors is a 6 series only function in the SmartTop.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #3
mdputnam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i & M235i Convertibles

I'm not sure if this is any help, but on my 2016 F23 with the top and windows down and the doors unlocked, if you stand next to the driver's side door and press and hold the key fob lock button down the doors will lock and, the top and windows will go up. I have not done any coding on this car yet.

The same function occurs on my 2012 135i with the SmartTop module. SmartTop increased the range of this feature (you don't have to stand next to the door) and you do not have to hold down the lock button during the whole operation. This car does not have folding mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdputnam View Post
I'm not sure if this is any help, but on my 2016 F23 with the top and windows down and the doors unlocked, if you stand next to the driver's side door and press and hold the key fob lock button down the doors will lock and, the top and windows will go up. I have not done any coding on this car yet.

The same function occurs on my 2012 135i with the SmartTop module. SmartTop increased the range of this feature (you don't have to stand next to the door) and you do not have to hold down the lock button during the whole operation. This car does not have folding mirrors.
Yeah I'm aware this functionality is on cars with comfort access.
The stock operation on my car without comfort access and with folding mirrors is that the windows only will open on a long press of the unlock. Windows will not close on a long press of the lock button though. Neither the top or the mirrors react at all to the key fob. On non-convertible cars it's possible to code the windows and mirrors to open and close with the key, but for some reason on the 2, 4, and 6 series convertibles the code doesn't work on cars later than 07-2014.
The code to enable this has this comment:

1.4.14: Für Cabrios ab Baustand 14-07 aufgrund Entscheid Behler/Guetlein deaktiviert

Which translates that the code is disabled for cabrios later than 2014-07 due to a decision by Behler/Guetlein. No idea who this/these are.
Appreciate 0