THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover Lease Assumption: M235i AW/Black - Loaded - $5k in Free Mods included - $498/month

01-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #1
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Lease Assumption: M235i AW/Black - Loaded - $5k in Free Mods included - $498/month

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys, I wanted to see if there would be any interest in my 2015 M235i either for sale or lease takeover. I love the car, and with the mods I have put on I think it looks amazing, but I have recently decided that I want to purchase a W204 C63 while I can still get one with a bit of warranty left.

First off about the car. It is a 2015 M235i painted in Alpine White with Black Dakota leather and Aluminum Hexagon trim and blue finisher. The car currently has 13,xxx miles. These miles will increase as it is my wife’s daily driver. We are a bit over on miles as I have been unable to stop driving the car over the past year and have snuck off with it every chance I got! This car has nearly every option available (see picture of window sticker below)

-Cold Weather Package - Heated steering wheel, heated front seats, headlight washers
-Drivers Assistance Package - rear view camera, park distance control
-Premium Package - universal garage door opener, comfort access, auto dimming mirrors, satellite radio (has subscription through June 2016)
-Technology Package - Navigation System, BMW online w/BMW apps, Advanced RTTI, Remote services
-Anti Theft Alarm
-Harmon Kardon Premium Sound
-Enhanced B/T and Smartphone In
-Wheel Locks

The car has all the standard features as well such as moonroof, 8 speed sport transmission, xenon headlamps, ambient lighting, automatic climate control, power front seats with lumbar. The car did come with the non staggered 18’ wheels with all season runflats.

In addition I have added some tasteful modifications which I think help address some of the shortcomings of the M235i such as the silver mirror caps or odd looking rear end. Below I will list all of the modifications this car has. Please note that all stock OEM parts will also be included with this sale.

- Black Kidney Grills - $160
- IND painted reflectors (front only) - $85
- 20% window tint - $200
- RW carbon fiber mirror caps and rear trunk spoiler - $500
- 18” Staggered (8.5/9.5) VMR V710 Wheels in hyper silver wrapped in Continental SC5 Summer tires (includes toms and mount/balance) - $2350
- ///M-performance exhaust - $900
- ///M etched chrome exhaust tips - $150
- ///M performance rear diffuser with custom paint (finned diffuser painted gloss black to match grill and window trim, the rest is painted Alpine White) - $500 with paint and install

Stock parts included are OEM exhaust with black tips, OEM trunk spoiler, OEM mirror caps, orange reflectors (one tab on each is broken, but they can easily be attached with 3m double sided tape which I can include), OEM wheels with all season runflat tires.

Both of the VMR wheels that are mounted on the passenger side of the car have some curb rash from my wife hitting them while parking. One of the OEM wheels has a small paint chip. The tread on the Continental SC5’s is nearly new as they have roughly 4k miles on them; most of which is my wife driving around town in comfort mode. I went with the SC5’s as the PSS was not available at the time. I have the PSS on my M3, and I would say that the SC5’s are very close to the PSS in performance. They were slightly more expensive that the PSS, but weight less than the PSS by a pound each, and 3-5 pounds less than other comparable tires, so it was an easy choice based on this and the good reviews on tire rack and elsewhere. The OEM runflats show moderate wear to the rear tires, and the fronts are like new.

The car was hit in the rear and does show an accident on the Carfax. My wife was stopped at a light and the passenger side rear was hit by a Chevy S10 at roughly 15-20 MPH. The rear fender, bumper, tail light, and trunk were replaced. There was absolutely no suspension parts replaced, and of course no frame damage. It was 100% cosmetic, and has been repaired to like new condition.

There is also a black scrape on the bottom middle portion of the front bumper. This occurred when I was driving the car and I hit a small piece of tire on the interstate. It seems to me that touch up paint would be needed to fix this issue. There are a few rock chips on the front bumper and hood. Other than this the exterior is like new with no door dings, scratches, or blemishes. The interior is like new. 95% of the time there is only one passenger in the car, and with the exception of when the car has been serviced or worked on no one other than myself or my wife has even been in the car. The back seat has never been sat in .

I have done my best to describe this car in as much detail as possible as well as to list any imperfections the car may have. The car has $5000 worth of tasteful modifications which build upon the design language of bmw while giving the car a more special and classy/expensive appearance. All OEM parts are included so that the car can be returned to stock for lease trade in at which time the modifications may be sold or parted out. THE ENGINE OF THIS CAR HAS NOT BEEN MODIFIED IN ANY WAY AND THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING DONE TO THIS CAR OTHER THAN WHAT HAS BEEN OUTLINED IN THIS THREAD. I have decided to list it now as I am at the point where I am ready to either begin tuning and power upgrades which would effect the warranty, or let it go and move on to something that has more power stock.

Now for the numbers. The MSRP of this car was $52,165. I negotiated nearly $5k off of this as well as put down $2k cash (some of this went towards lease fees, etc) to come to one of the very best payments I have seen on any M235i, let alone one that has nearly every option.

Lease Term: 39 Months
Lease Begin Date: December 23, 2014
Lease End Date: March 23, 2018
Allowed Milage: 10,000/year
Total Milage: 32,531 miles
Current Milage: 13,xxx
Residual: $31,299
Current Buyout: $41,793 as of January 3, 2016
Base Monthly Payment: $498.43
Payment with Taxes: $528.34

My offer is as follows:

1. You pay the transfer fee to BMW ($500). You pay nothing else other than your monthly payment of $498.43 (plus applicable taxes depending on state). You get the car with all modifications and OEM parts needed to return to stock. You are responsible to either purchase more miles (16 cents/mile), or simply use the remaining 19,xxx miles if you do not need 10,000 miles per year.

2. I keep the VMR wheels, the Carbon Fiber Mirror caps and spoiler, and IND reflectors and put the stock wheels, spoiler, mirror caps, and reflectors back on the car. I will offer a $1000 incentive which will cover the transfer fee was well as any milage overage. You still get the ///M-performance exhaust with ///M tips and ///M diffuser (as well as stock exhaust/tips). Please note you must be approved for the lease transfer before the incentive will be paid.

I have done my best to describe this car in as much detail as possible, both bad and good, but if after reading you still have questions feel free to either post here or PM me for my phone number. Please read the ad before asking questions that have been answered. If there is something I have missed I will update the thread. I believe this is as fair of a deal as I have ever seen available, and if this deal were available a year ago I would have taken it! The lease transfer process is very simple (my M3 is a lease transfer). BMW helps you every step of the way. All you have to do is pay the transfer fee, fill in the paper work, and have good credit!

One more thing I would like to add is that, like most M235i’s, I do not believe the maintenance will transfer with this lease (someone please correct me if I am wrong). This means that the new owner will need to pay for two oil changes as well as other expendables such as filters or wiper blades. I highly doubt the car will need new brakes during the lease as it has been primarily driven by my wife, who literally has zero interest in cars or driving, in comfort mode below 40 mph. Maintenance cost would be up to the new owner to determine, but I am listing this in the interest of full disclosure.

This car is located in Lexington, KY. I would of course prefer local pick up, but would be willing to assist on shipping (at your cost). Inspections welcome at buyers expense.

Exterior:

Interior (I just recently removed the tag, sorry!)

Window sticker

Picture of damage from being rear ended

GoPro video of exhaust

Thank you for looking,

David

Last edited by Db750; 01-27-2016 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Had a few questions/inquiries, but so far no one has initiated the transfer process! Browsing through the threads here and on other sites it still seems like one of the better deals IMO, but I think the lack of a 6 speed manual may be hurting my chances here a bit. I am trying my best not to drive it, and the bad weather has helped a bit on the milage as well since we have been using my truck, but I can't help but take her out once or twice a week to hear that awesome MPE!

This car would make a great two year DD for someone with both summer and winter wheel/tire sets and is IMO one of the best cars you can get for the $500/month price range! If you have any questions about this deal please don't hesitate to ask, and thank you to those who have shown interest or complimented the car thus far!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #3
fj58
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Maintenance + Warranty

FWIW:

Maintenance and warranty coverage is for the car and is owner independent. Everything transfers.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #4
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj58 View Post
FWIW:

Maintenance and warranty coverage is for the car and is owner independent. Everything transfers.
Thank you for your post, but that only applies to the warranty. The maintnance plan does not transfer to the second owner unless they are a member of the first owners family. Please see below from BMW press release:

Quote:
For model year 2015 or later vehicles sold or leased by an authorized BMW center on or after July 1, 2014, BMW Maintenance Program coverage is provided for the exclusive benefit of the initial purchaser, owner, or lessee of a new vehicle
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #5
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just wanted to update this thread. It is not the best deal, but I decided to go ahead and trade the car in to a dealer. I found the perfect 911 and had to jump on it. Will have all mods up for sale soon. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #6
fj58
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
For model year 2015 or later vehicles sold or leased by an authorized BMW center on or after July 1, 2014, BMW Maintenance Program coverage is provided for the exclusive benefit of the initial purchaser, owner, or lessee of a new vehicle, . . .
Well I'll be dipped. TOTALLY missed this.

Thanks for the correction.
Appreciate 1