F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Bailiffs 0 - 1 know it all
proTUNING Freaks

01-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
SDH
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Bailiffs 0 - 1 know it all

It goes on for a long time but is facinating and very enlightening. Best of all the bailiffs get their ass kicked (in a non violent way). They're so pissed off I bet if the police weren't there it would've got real ugly.

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #2
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

And someone owes or defaults on their mortgage or will not get out of property owned by a landlord?

If you can't pay get out the house.

Bit like you can't pay for car, then you lose your car.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
jusdorange
YOLO
Monaco
Rep
Drives: #mw

Haven't watched it all

From my experience with debt collection

It is often rushed /not done in Accordance with the law

I get the "pay your bills" thing but bailiffs aren't Above the law / do as they please
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 03:30 AM   #4
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

I have watched it all...

24m 40s, copper to the bailiff... "they're refusing, verbal resistance - I'd advise you to walk away".

Absolute winner. Not because they home owners are in the right but because bailiffs were an unprofessional, ill prepared bunch of arses and deserved to be given their marching orders.
      01-12-2016, 04:41 AM   #5
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Haven't watched it as yet but the high court bailiffs (sheriffs) seem to be better regulated and more professional.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:57 AM   #6
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

I've mixed views on this. Whilst in many situations I am sure that it would be preferable that people are not evicted, I do wonder how much this will encourage chancers to flout the law, just because they can, rather than because of genuine unfortunate circumstances. If this happens, like uninsured drivers for example, it will end up just costing the rest of us more.

It does seem an absurd situation that even with legitimate court papers that it is possible for someone to resist eviction unless the bailiffs resort to breaking the law.

And the bailiffs are particularly unprofessional in their attitude. Pitching up still smoking a *** shows particularly poor manners and attitude.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 05:29 AM   #7
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Individual

Thugs with a low IQ will never do a good job of evicting people - all they know is violence and scare tactics.

I'm right behind all comments about paying for what you have but hate these idiots with a passion!

Bailiffs, (most) traffic wardens and clamping firms - all scumbags!

Strangely I couldn't find a Facebook profile for Paul Griggs! Wonder if he's on LinkedIn?
      01-12-2016, 07:58 AM   #8
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I hate these "can't pay we'll take it away" style programs, human misery laid bare to entertain us? No thanks...
      01-12-2016, 12:19 PM   #9
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

I accept that bailiffs and repo agents have a job to do, but the approach can be very heavy handed and ill-informed.

Years ago, but at my current house, I heard some noise on the driveway on a Saturday morning. I went outside and found a repo guy fitting brackets to the wheels of my wife's car, ready to lift it with a low-loader using a hydraulic crane.

When I told him to remove the brackets and to get off my property before I called the police he gave me a lecture about the consequences of not paying parking tickets, that the bill was now into four figures, and the car was being seized. When I asked him whose car he thought he was seizing he gave me the name of the previous house owner (the husband, yet he knew that the car he was trying to seize had a female registered owner) who hadn't lived there for at least ten years.

I showed him my driving licence, started taking photos with my phone, and told him that I'd be reporting the attempted theft to the police and checking the car carefully for evidence of any criminal damage.

Great to watch him shut the **** up, very carefully remove his equipment, and disappear.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #10
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Watched bits of the video

The bailiifs were totally unprofessional and a bunch of bully boys trying to use intimidation to evict.

Having been on the other side where I've had to evict tenants who wouldn't pay have to say it is an absolute nightmare and you do have to make sure that the paperwork is 150%. Any slight discrepancy or irregularities and it will be thrown out of court.

Doesn't help the non payers will be advised by a multitude of agencies how to make it harder to lawfully evict.

Remember if an individual decides not to pay their dues someone somewhere will end up picking up their tab.
      01-13-2016, 03:15 AM   #11
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

As above, evicting problem tenants is a total nightmare and the law makes it a very long drawn out process. Agree also about other agencies advising tenants to sit tight, this is Government departments advising people to effectively break the law by sitting tight and not paying rent.

People who have ignored all notice and eviction proceedings deserve the heavy handed agents who have a job to do. The problem tenants in all genuine situations will have had plenty of notice and be fully aware of what is about to happen so why wait to the very last minute. Yes they may be in difficult circumstances but that doesn't mean you can stay in someone else's house and pay nothing more than likely causing the landlord hardship as he has no rent proceeds to pay the mortgage. Then once the tenants go he will invariably have a large bill to repair the mess left behind.

The law needs to be fairer and not stack all the rights with the tenant. For sure tenants need protection from someone evicting them unlawfully but for a lawful eviction it can take 9 to 12 months which is much too long.
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2016, 04:24 AM   #12
Palexr
Lieutenant
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: 330D GT M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
As above, evicting problem tenants is a total nightmare and the law makes it a very long drawn out process. Agree also about other agencies advising tenants to sit tight, this is Government departments advising people to effectively break the law by sitting tight and not paying rent.

People who have ignored all notice and eviction proceedings deserve the heavy handed agents who have a job to do. The problem tenants in all genuine situations will have had plenty of notice and be fully aware of what is about to happen so why wait to the very last minute. Yes they may be in difficult circumstances but that doesn't mean you can stay in someone else's house and pay nothing more than likely causing the landlord hardship as he has no rent proceeds to pay the mortgage. Then once the tenants go he will invariably have a large bill to repair the mess left behind.

The law needs to be fairer and not stack all the rights with the tenant. For sure tenants need protection from someone evicting them unlawfully but for a lawful eviction it can take 9 to 12 months which is much too long.
Spot on!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 06:38 AM   #13
jusdorange
YOLO
Monaco
Rep

I have watched "can't pay? we'll take it away"

& two things strike me

1. Chancers - a fair few have the money but it's only when the baliffs physically remove goods do they suddenly remember , oh Ye I have the cash

2. Government is all over the place

So will sanction someone for a small reason
They can't pay rent
Will advise they'll get notice
The landlord applies to high court
Get evicted
Then need to be rehoused

Madness
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #14
Palexr
Lieutenant
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdorange View Post
I have watched "can't pay? we'll take it away"

& two things strike me

1. Chancers - a fair few have the money but it's only when the baliffs physically remove goods do they suddenly remember , oh Ye I have the cash

2. Government is all over the place

So will sanction someone for a small reason
They can't pay rent
Will advise they'll get notice
The landlord applies to high court
Get evicted
Then need to be rehoused

Madness
The bit you are missing on point 2 above is that government, or more to the point, local council agencies short-circuit that loop by advising the person being evicted to not pay the landlord. Official advice... Win-win, except for the landlord, win-win-loose.

The net contributor to the system looses out.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 07:30 AM   #15
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Exactly - I went through a tenant eviction last year and the tenant was being advised by the local Housing Authority to sit tight as the process takes so long and costs money that they felt I might not bother.

This was an easy way out for the Authority as while the people lived in my house they were homed and therefore the Authority had to do nothing for them. Once they were evicted then they were on the emergency homeless list with an onus on the Authority to find them somewhere. All the while there were plenty of other places the tenants could have gone to but they just made excuses and refused anywhere offered to them. The fact Govt Agencies encourage this type of behaviour is despicable because it has no regard for the property owner but then of course he is seen as the mega rich landlord with loads of properties to whom a few months with no rent is no big issue.

Thankfully my problem tenants have now gone and replaced with excellent ones.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2016, 08:11 AM   #16
jusdorange
YOLO
Monaco
Rep

Is that why you see no DSS in rental ads?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 08:48 AM   #17
Palexr
Lieutenant
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdorange View Post
Is that why you see no DSS in rental ads?
One of the reasons.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #18
John435D
Recruit
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435D m-sport, MG & Coral Red !

I too had to evict a tenant for unpaid rent in 2014. Refused to pay the rent they owed and refuse to leave, served them notice and they still wouldn't go.

It took 5 months in total to get them out, which cost approx £400 for legal costs, £1500 in unpaid rent prior to giving notice, then a further £2500 for 5 months unpaid rent while the process was going through, then they wrecked my house before leaving causing £2000 worth of damage to kitchen and decoration of which I only managed to get £600 back from the bond.

I sold the house last year, can't be bothered to go through that again, some people are just scum who think they have a right to exist at other peoples expense, my expense which cost me over £6000.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #19
rapid64k
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT 330D M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by John435D View Post
, some people are just scum who think they have a right to exist at other peoples expense, my expense which cost me over £6000.
Discusting

The other problem was that the police were unsure of the law regarding the issue!

It's a bit like people who don't work having as many kids as they like but people who actually work cant afford to.
      01-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #20
SDH
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid64k View Post
Discusting

It's a bit like people who don't work having as many kids as they like but people who actually work cant afford to.
Yep I get this totally, we are trying for our second child. To afford this bundle of joy we may have to extend the mortgage over a longer period so we have more disposable income. Cant see me getting my ass in a nice f30 for many many years now.

Would be nice to keep knocking the kids out and getting more money each time I do at someone else's expense
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #21
rapid64k
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT 330D M Sport Plus

Sorry delayed post repeating itself.
      01-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #22
SDH
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John435D View Post
I too had to evict a tenant for unpaid rent in 2014. Refused to pay the rent they owed and refuse to leave, served them notice and they still wouldn't go.

It took 5 months in total to get them out, which cost approx £400 for legal costs, £1500 in unpaid rent prior to giving notice, then a further £2500 for 5 months unpaid rent while the process was going through, then they wrecked my house before leaving causing £2000 worth of damage to kitchen and decoration of which I only managed to get £600 back from the bond.

I sold the house last year, can't be bothered to go through that again, some people are just scum who think they have a right to exist at other peoples expense, my expense which cost me over £6000.
maybe try the technique my father in-law used to evict a scum bag from his place...

1 Wait until tenant leaves the house
2 Enter said house, throw all tenants belongings on the street
3 Change locks and wait for return of tenant
4 When threatened by tenant on his arrival back, puff chest out look tough and threaten to kill him if he doesn't f off.
5 After bluff is not called (hopefully as no plan b was thought out) go into your recovered house shaking with adrenalin and be sick in toilet

I'm sure this was highly illegal and some may see it as immoral but from what he told us about the tenant I feel no sorrow for him at all.

My uncle took the same legal way to evict someone from his house as you did costing him many ££££'s.

To rub the salt in the wound those very scummy tenants are now renting a house right across the road from us every day we look across at them with utter disgust. They clearly have plenty of money judging by their cars on the drive they just choose not to pay people

Last edited by SDH; 01-13-2016 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0