F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > KingKoupe Auto Repair review - F30 335i Major repair
Extreme Powerhouse

01-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
xxxjecxxx2
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Garage List
2013 F30 335i  [0.00]
2015 F15 X5  [0.00]
2017 G30 540i  [0.00]
KingKoupe Auto Repair review - F30 335i Major repair

I wanted to share with you my experience at a local indy shop in Kissimmee, FL. Some background information. Most of you know me by a slightly different name (without the 2)!. I am not being asked to do this review and I am not being compensated for it in any way. I am simply writing this to help fellow owners who are in need of a BMW repair shop and need someone trust worthy. I am a DIY guy all the way and have never brought my e90 325i or f30 335i to any shop (including stealership) for repairs, this was the first time.

My serpentine belt broke a few months ago. I thought nothing of it and just replaced the belt and the tensioner. The car ran terrible. RPMs would surge while idling and car would jolt when coming to a stop at a red light and ASS system stopped working. After trying everything I could possibly think of and diagnosing with ISTA, I was ready to give up. My buddy works for BMW parts department and I asked him to recommend a shop. He told me about a guy named Angel who was a BMW master mechanic for 15 years and just left BMW to open his own shop.

I looked him up on Facebook under "KingKoupe Auto Repair" and sent him a message. He told me he would charge $50 to perform a diagnostic and figure out wha the problem was. I brought him the car and within a few minutes he told me where my major oil leak was coming from, the front seal. He also mentioned that the valvetronic motor was bad since it was making a loud clicking noise after the car was turned off or when it was unlocked.

He gave me an estimate for the repair and I thought it was reasonable. Quoted me 10 hours to change valvetronics motor and to change front seal. I left the car on Wednesday and he told me it would be ready by Friday. Thursday I showed up just to check on the repair and angel was working on the car, he had already dismantled everything and showed me how parts of the belt were sucked into the motor. He spent an additional 8 hours working on the car literally fishing out huge chunks of the belt that were in the engine. I was scared that this was going to rack up the bill since it was not part of the estimate. He reassured me he would have the car ready by Friday (next day).

Friday I went to pickup the car and it was in the same condition I brought it in. There were no grease stains. There was no junk, parts or tools near the car. Yes the is very important to me. The car had no faults and ran like a champ. When it came time to pay Angel explained how he had to spend a lot more time than he quoted on the repair but he would not charge me any additional time since he felt it was not fair. I was very happy about this!

I have attached all the pictures that he took during the repair. I would highly recommend Angel to anyone needing service on their BMW. He has BMW tools, ISTA and ICOM and was a master mechanic for BMW. What more can you ask for?! lol.

I will end this by saying that I highly recommend that you change your belt and tensioner as a PREVENTIVE measure to avoid costly repairs. My 2013 F30 335i is no longer under warranty and only has 52k on clock.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #2
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

Ouch... Glad you found someone that you can trust and does great work! I just ordered a new belt, pulleys and tensioner for mine, currently at 74k and doing it after reading all these stories
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
Beammer
Cookie Monster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Thanks xxxjecxxx2, It was Our pleasure to help you out with your BMW needs 407-978-6775

Last edited by Beammer; 02-17-2016 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
docjavier
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 F10 535i

I also want to give some Kudos to Angle at KingKoupe. I brought my 2012 335i to him to install a M Performance LSD. He treated me like family and made me feel like I was his priority. My car was treated like I would, I do all my mechanical work on all my cars (M3 x 2, Porsche, Audi S4, VW GTI and many others) as I have my own lift at home and have been doing mech work for over 20 years as a hobby. I decided to have the LSD installed by a professional (after the recommendation of a fellow forum member) it is a expensive and crucial part of the drivetrain, so I didn't want to risk it. The shop is clean and comfortable. I can not emphasized enough about Angel's character and professionalism.
My car was return to me in impeccable shape as promised. It is hard to find an excellent mechanic that is trustful and good. I definitely found one.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 09:38 PM   #5
xxxjecxxx2
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Garage List
2013 F30 335i  [0.00]
2015 F15 X5  [0.00]
2017 G30 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by docjavier View Post
I also want to give some Kudos to Angle at KingKoupe. I brought my 2012 335i to him to install a M Performance LSD. He treated me like family and made me feel like I was his priority. My car was treated like I would, I do all my mechanical work on all my cars (M3 x 2, Porsche, Audi S4, VW GTI and many others) as I have my own lift at home and have been doing mech work for over 20 years as a hobby. I decided to have the LSD installed by a professional (after the recommendation of a fellow forum member) it is a expensive and crucial part of the drivetrain, so I didn't want to risk it. The shop is clean and comfortable. I can not emphasized enough about Angel's character and professionalism.
My car was return to me in impeccable shape as promised. It is hard to find an excellent mechanic that is trustful and good. I definitely found one.
Beammer

Javi your car looks sick! Love the ride height, the exhaust and diverter valve sound.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #6
Beammer
Cookie Monster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Docjavier

I want to thank you for trusting us and me personally for your business, I'm glad we made it happen for you, and though it took longer than expected, we made it happen for you, and I must say your 335i is one clean sedan, ride quality, clean, and well taken care of, I'm very glad your happy with our service. Enjoy your ride! ??
Appreciate 0