ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

01-24-2016, 01:12 AM   #1
calvinadelaide
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 F80

placed new F80 M3 with competition package last week

Hi guys, new to the forum, i just placed an new M3 with competition package last week. Silverstone exterior, and sakhir orange interior and also carbon fibre spoiler. Basically what the dealer told me is the car will be built on March and hopefully will arrive at the dealership by May. Not sure did anyone else did the same like me?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 01:19 AM   #2
mmmmQuattro
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: f83 / E93 335 / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
Hi Calvinadelaide,
Welcome to the forum.
Not sure what your question is.
Great to see another Mx owner in Adelaide.
I have seen a M3 in silverstone driving around and it looked great.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 01:28 AM   #3
calvinadelaide
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp330Cic.au View Post
Hi Calvinadelaide,
Welcome to the forum.
Not sure what your question is.
Great to see another Mx owner in Adelaide.
I have seen a M3 in silverstone driving around and it looked great.
Great, didn't see may silverstone around adelaide, i was wondering did anyone else place the new order with the competition package like me. The dealer told me i will be the first one in SA to receive the M3 with competition package.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 02:56 AM   #4
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinadelaide View Post
Great, didn't see may silverstone around adelaide, i was wondering did anyone else place the new order with the competition package like me. The dealer told me i will be the first one in SA to receive the M3 with competition package.
Yeah....and....what's your question, are you the first "ever", like the one and only god king competition pack owner in SA.....
How the hell are we supposed to know.

I had the option added, and was told they would "start" building in March. It wasn't a guarantee that they would build mine. I have a week 8 build so the comp pack would have pushed me back into limbo, I declined it and kept my week 8 production.
If you have an allocation with a production number, they should be able to tell you when it will be produced.

Now if you say you just put an "order in", well that doesn't really mean anything, you need a production number, unless things are different in AU.

Last edited by Blksnowflake; 01-24-2016 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 04:39 AM   #5
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Did you have to pay extra for the competition package or is it included as a no cost option?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 04:43 AM   #6
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPWR View Post
Did you have to pay extra for the competition package or is it included as a no cost option?

No cost option? Like free, nothing's free, especially with luxury brands.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2016, 04:44 AM   #7
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:

No cost option? Like free, nothing's free, especially with luxury brands.
Not necessarily true, AMG only bring "S" models into the country. And if you look at his invoice you'll see "Included" hence requesting clarification.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 04:56 AM   #8
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not necessarily true, AMG only bring "S" models into the country. And if you look at his invoice you'll see "Included" hence requesting clarification.
Yes, but the cost is higher. You don't get the AMG S model for the standard non S price. Australia was screwed into buying the higher end model from the start, only the C63s is available, at it's standard S pricing. If the comp pack is included in the price, believe that the standard price for this included option will be higher.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 05:21 AM   #9
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Yes, but the cost is higher. You don't get the AMG S model for the standard non S price. Australia was screwed into buying the higher end model from the start, only the C63s is available, at it's standard S pricing. If the comp pack is included in the price, believe that the standard price for this included option will be higher.
C63S AMG - $154,900
http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...es-price-31061

BMW M3 - $156,430
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/b...29-gimogq.html

If the competition package is priced at 10-15k on top like it was for the E92 M3 and is for the M5, it will make it priced higher than the competition. The idea with the BMW price cuts recently was to undercut mercedes and steal there sales.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 05:22 AM   #10
calvinadelaide
Rep

Quote:
You have to pay extra for the package, roughly about $8,000 i guess.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2016, 05:24 AM   #11
calvinadelaide
Rep

Quote:
Yes, on the invoice the package was stated "include" but actually you'll need to pay extra if you want go for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 05:31 AM   #12
calvinadelaide
Rep

Quote:
C63S AMG - $154,900
http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...es-price-31061

BMW M3 - $156,430
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/b...29-gimogq.html

If the competition package is priced at 10-15k on top like it was for the E92 M3 and is for the M5, it will make it priced higher than the competition. The idea with the BMW price cuts recently was to undercut mercedes and steal there sales.
That's right, even if you add the competition package the BMW M3 price is still considerably lower than AMG C63S. In Australia, people will need to pay around $160K for the C63S with no much options included, and from my experience there is about $10k-$15k price difference between M3 with CP and C63S sedan. The other thing is people ordered the C63S will need to wait 8 months to have their car delivered at the first time their dealers told them, but now as i know people who ordered C63S last August still don't have production date, and will probably need to wait another 4 months.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 05:44 AM   #13
noshe83
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 LCI F80 M3

Quote:
That's right, even if you add the competition package the BMW M3 price is still considerably lower than AMG C63S. In Australia, people will need to pay around $160K for the C63S with no much options included, and from my experience there is about $10k-$15k price difference between M3 with CP and C63S sedan. The other thing is people ordered the C63S will need to wait 8 months to have their car delivered at the first time their dealers told them, but now as i know people who ordered C63S last August still don't have production date, and will probably need to wait another 4 months.
Congrats mate! The next few months will go very slowly. I ordered mine in December. Should get it early February.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 05:50 AM   #14
Chandy168
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i MG // VW Amarok

Quote:
You have to pay extra for the package, roughly about $8,000 i guess.
I've been pestering my dealer about the cost of the competition package since it came out. His quote was between $10k and 12k, i'm hoping that it'll be sub $10k. Hope OP can clarify the cost of his soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 05:51 AM   #15
calvinadelaide
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshe83 View Post
Congrats mate! The next few months will go very slowly. I ordered mine in December. Should get it early February.
Thanks mate, yeah i know the waiting is killer. Hopefully the car will be delivered on schedule like the dealer told me. And may i ask what color and specification did you order? And how long it took for you to have the production date or vin from dealer? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 05:55 AM   #16
calvinadelaide
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandy168 View Post
I've been pestering my dealer about the cost of the competition package since it came out. His quote was between $10k and 12k, i'm hoping that it'll be sub $10k. Hope OP can clarify the cost of his soon.
For the US market, the CP costs $5500, and if you converted to AUS dollar it's about $8K. And the day i went to the dealer to order my car, the sales guy didn't even know the exact price of the CP. He told me they just had a meeting about the BMW AUS release the CP, and he did phone call his manager and i am pretty sure the CP is about $8K. Hopefully it helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 06:00 AM   #17
calvinadelaide
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Yeah....and....what's your question, are you the first "ever", like the one and only god king competition pack owner in SA.....
How the hell are we supposed to know.

I had the option added, and was told they would "start" building in March. It wasn't a guarantee that they would build mine. I have a week 8 build so the comp pack would have pushed me back into limbo, I declined it and kept my week 8 production.
If you have an allocation with a production number, they should be able to tell you when it will be produced.

Now if you say you just put an "order in", well that doesn't really mean anything, you need a production number, unless things are different in AU.
Hi man, the US market and AUS is quite different. Not to mention the big price gap but also the online tracking system. You guys are lucky enough to able track your order and do the ED. But here, everything we hear about our order come from the dealer, and the waiting is killer, that is really frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 06:01 AM   #18
Chandy168
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i MG // VW Amarok

Quote:
For the US market, the CP costs $5500, and if you converted to AUS dollar it's about $8K. And the day i went to the dealer to order my car, the sales guy didn't even know the exact price of the CP. He told me they just had a meeting about the BMW AUS release the CP, and he did phone call his manager and i am pretty sure the CP is about $8K. Hopefully it helps.
Thanks for the clarification. Would you know if we have to pay LCT and Stamp Duty on the $8k? I was looking at the CCB upgrade, but after you add LCT and Stamp Duty, a $15k option becomes $20k
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2016, 06:06 AM   #19
calvinadelaide
Rep

[QUOTE=Chandy168;19269423]Thanks for the clarification. Would you know if we have to pay LCT and Stamp Duty on the $8k? I was looking at the CCB upgrade, but after you add LCT and Stamp Duty, a $15k option becomes $20k [/QUOTE
Hi mate, i just had a quick look of my order. Unfortunately you will have to pay LCT and Stamp Duty for the CP, but you can always double check with the sales guy.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 01:27 AM   #20
noshe83
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 LCI F80 M3

Quote:
Thanks mate, yeah i know the waiting is killer. Hopefully the car will be delivered on schedule like the dealer told me. And may i ask what color and specification did you order? And how long it took for you to have the production date or vin from dealer? Thanks
The colour is Black. No special specifications. Just the stock standard 2016 LCI model. I wanted a M3 as soon as possible and the dealer said they had 2 coming in January 2016. I pretty much got the VIN number straight away.

I don't have as much patience as you do!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:30 AM   #21
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition, M135i (sol

Quote:
Hi guys, new to the forum, i just placed an new M3 with competition package last week. Silverstone exterior, and sakhir orange interior and also carbon fibre spoiler. Basically what the dealer told me is the car will be built on March and hopefully will arrive at the dealership by May. Not sure did anyone else did the same like me?
Nice colour combo, I was thinking something similar for mine - post photos when you get it! Would love to get a feel for the combo before I order
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 07:55 PM   #22
AShehadeh1
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I also just purchased a BMW M3 LCI in Mineral grey with Competition package and they have said it will be deliverd end of July. In regards to the price I was quoted $5,000 for the comp pack which was added to the total and stamped duty was calculated using the total. For 5k it is an awesome deal we are getting the exact same thing for the same price in the US. Can't wait just hope the rims will look nice worst comes to worst I will get the powder coated. What are your opinions of the rims??
Appreciate 0