E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stuck in transport mode

02-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #1
Mayan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw

Question Stuck in transport mode

I'm trying to find Terry's email is it terry@bms.com ?? Car is a e93 335is with jb4+ G5. I've had this for over a year now and decided today to play with the settings a bit and enable guage hijacking above 50% throttle. The guages became out of sync in the jb4 menu after enabling it so I reset the cluster. The issue started here where the cluster didn't reset and went completely out of whack. I tried to configure it to the 335i cluster by pressing volume up 5 times and Tach twice. Apparently not only did the needles go out of sync the button presses went out of sync as well. It enabled transport mode. I've been stuck in transport mode since. I managed to reset the cluster to 335i configuration and checked the codes. I get 2FC7 I tried to disable the transport mode by going to 4/3 and didn't do anything. So I figured maybe if I turn it on again by going to 4/2 and trying 4/3 again it would work. Nope. I've tried everything switching to all stock settings and map. Plugged in my laptop and updated the firmware and tried everything again. Tried sending the codes through the jb4 software and still nothing. I also tried to clear the code and it wouldn't clear.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1359770035

This is the setting list I used, maybe its not accurate? The gauge cluster I configured it to is 5/2

Edit: I found this http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/jb4_wheel_1.jpg
I believe this is the new updated settings for jb4. I tried to do 4/7 to toggle transport mode and didn't do anything. I believe I had the older firmware settings before I updated so this shouldn't have affected anything.

Last edited by Mayan; 02-08-2016 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0