BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > LBB At Toronto Auto Show

02-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #1
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

LBB At Toronto Auto Show

I went to the Toronto Auto Show today to see the M2.They had another LBB M2,which I was happy to see,because that is the colour that I ordered.I have always liked the design of the car in pictures but it looks even better in person.The only problem was that BMW Canada wasn't letting anyone into the car and they said they won't be opening the car during the show.Apparently they are selling it after the auto shows and they don't want to get the interior worn out.The funny thing is that the right side rear tail light already needs to be replaced because there is condensation inside the light housing.I guess it must have a defective seal.It seems kind of ridiculous to not let anyone in the car,when 2 years ago they were letting everyone sit in the M3 and M4 at the show and that was before they were officially launched.It was still great to finally get to see the car.

Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 05:52 PM   #2
TheStraightPipes
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hey I was able to sit inside on media day, it was quite nice. I didn't like the seats that much though.

See my thread here for video: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1225580
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #3
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStraightPipes View Post
Hey I was able to sit inside on media day, it was quite nice. I didn't like the seats that much though.

See my thread here for video: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1225580
I have driven an M235i and the seats are the same but I wanted to take a close look at the carbon fiber trim.I also wanted to see if the manual shift knob lights up when you turn on your lights and take a close look at the idrive settings.It would have also been nice to take a look at the engine.It was still a great day and I think BMW did a great job with the exterior design of the M2.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #4
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
I went to the Toronto Auto Show today to see the M2.They had another LBB M2,which I was happy to see,because that is the colour that I ordered.I have always liked the design of the car in pictures but it looks even better in person.The only problem was that BMW Canada wasn't letting anyone into the car and they said they won't be opening the car during the show.Apparently they are selling it after the auto shows and they don't want to get the interior worn out.The funny thing is that the right side rear tail light already needs to be replaced because there is condensation inside the light housing.I guess it must have a defective seal.It seems kind of ridiculous to not let anyone in the car,when 2 years ago they were letting everyone sit in the M3 and M4 at the show and that was before they were officially launched.It was still great to finally get to see the car.

Here are some pics.
That's a real "bummer" Sorry to hear that in TO they do not allow potential customer to sit in their future car. I must agree with them that if they want to sell the car after all the shows, it's probably better for them to keep the cars intact since it seems the M2 will be a rare find.

Note: I was able to have the car opened at the Montreal Auto Show. I told them I ordered the car and wanted to sit in it.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #5
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
That's a real "bummer" Sorry to hear that in TO they do not allow potential customer to sit in their future car. I must agree with them that if they want to sell the car after all the shows, it's probably better for them to keep the cars intact since it seems the M2 will be a rare find.

Note: I was able to have the car opened at the Montreal Auto Show. I told them I ordered the car and wanted to sit in it.
I too was there today. Been trying to upload my pics but need to be resized.
It was actually because of what you did Benzima that I told the rep the same thing to get him to unlock the car but no dice. Said can't because it has not been officially released/launched in Canada yet.

I noticed the condensation too lol ...the Montreal boys didn't take good care
Of her

Guess it will be the first m2 warranty claim. Lol

I will echo many of you and say the car looks a tonne better in person. Just wanted to drive off with it today!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:31 PM   #6
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I told the BMW Canada people the same thing,that I have also ordered the M2 but they wouldn't open the car.It is probably the same M2,so if they want to keep the car pristine,they shouldn't be letting anyone get access to the interior of the car.It really isn't that big of an issue because the car looks amazing.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #7
keha423
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Gonna give it a shot tomorrow too haha... We'll see what happens
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #8
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keha423 View Post
Gonna give it a shot tomorrow too haha... We'll see what happens
Good luck,hopefully they will have a different crew there tomorrow that are more lenient.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:42 PM   #9
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I drove to Detroit to see it. Will probably go to the show in T.O to check it out again along with some other cars. Your right it does look way better in person. Just trying to decide when the best time is to go without having to squeeze through 100 people humping it
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #10
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Slayer View Post
I drove to Detroit to see it. Will probably go to the show in T.O to check it out again along with some other cars. Your right it does look way better in person. Just trying to decide when the best time is to go without having to squeeze through 100 people humping it
You should probably go first thing in the morning,when they open.I went today at 11:30 am because it was supposed to open at 12:00 pm.When I arrived they were already letting people in,so it wasn't very busy.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #11
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You should probably go first thing in the morning,when they open.I went today at 11:30 am because it was supposed to open at 12:00 pm.When I arrived they were already letting people in,so it wasn't very busy.
Ya I was thinking that, or wait till Tuesday/Wednesday evening. Its nice to see its 6MT....but bummer that they not letting anyone in.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 01:24 AM   #12
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
We were prob standing next to each other lol

No crowds at all. Got a chance to check out the alpha 4c and the ford gt and RS . The gt was HUGE I thought...surprising.
Show prob be pretty busy this weekend with all that is going on in the city.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #13
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
I too was there today. Been trying to upload my pics but need to be resized.
It was actually because of what you did Benzima that I told the rep the same thing to get him to unlock the car but no dice. Said can't because it has not been officially released/launched in Canada yet.

I noticed the condensation too lol ...the Montreal boys didn't take good care
Of her

Guess it will be the first m2 warranty claim. Lol

I will echo many of you and say the car looks a tonne better in person. Just wanted to drive off with it today!
Sorry to hear the BMW team at the CIAS is not willing to let future owner to feel the car from the inside and get an appreciation of the interior finish.

Regarding the condensation, I would blame BMW for poor quality and not my city.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 05:04 PM   #14
keha423
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Quote:
Sorry to hear the BMW team at the CIAS is not willing to let future owner to feel the car from the inside and get an appreciation of the interior finish.

Regarding the condensation, I would blame BMW for poor quality and not my city.
Spoke with the BMW Brand Ambassador who was stationed beside the M2 and he basically said other shows that he's been to with the M2, he's always had the keys and after someone showed him proof that they ordered, he would let them sit in the car. With that said, apparently he received strict orders that no one was allowed into the car... to the point where he didn't even have the keys this time.

Not sure why the change for Toronto...

But I have to admit... LBB in person is truly a gem!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #15
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Spoke with the BMW Brand Ambassador who was stationed beside the M2 and he basically said other shows that he's been to with the M2, he's always had the keys and after someone showed him proof that they ordered, he would let them sit in the car. With that said, apparently he received strict orders that no one was allowed into the car... to the point where he didn't even have the keys this time.

LBB is trully a beautiful color to be seen in person.

I have to admit that the challenge when opening a "restricted" car during a car show is to close it without a bunch of "curious" want to sit in it. I had to lock the car while sitting inside and the BMW representative had to ensure I was able to get out without being ramed by people trying to sneak in.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #16
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima
Quote:

LBB is trully a beautiful color to be seen in person.

I have to admit that the challenge when opening a "restricted" car during a car show is to close it without a bunch of "curious" want to sit in it. I had to lock the car while sitting inside and the BMW representative had to ensure I was able to get out without being ramed by people trying to sneak in.
VIP baby :
      02-13-2016, 08:22 PM   #17
Hossel19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

If you want them to unlock the car so you can sit in it, here's what I recommend (assuming you already ordered the car)

1- Before going to the show call your SA and let him know you are going to the show and would like to sit in the car and ask him which SA from your dealer will be there the day you are going (each dealer will have at least 1 SA present at the show at any time). Note his name down and ask your SA to let him know your ask.

2- At the show go the BMW kiosk, ask for the person in question and he should be able to unlock the car since you ordered the car from that dealership.

This is what my SA recommended and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 08:25 PM   #18
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossel19 View Post
If you want them to unlock the car so you can sit in it, here's what I recommend (assuming you already ordered the car)

1- Before going to the show call your SA and let him know you are going to the show and would like to sit in the car and ask him which SA from your dealer will be there the day you are going (each dealer will have at least 1 SA present at the show at any time). Note his name down and ask your SA to let him know your ask.

2- At the show go the BMW kiosk, ask for the person in question and he should be able to unlock the car since you ordered the car from that dealership.

This is what my SA recommended and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps
Good advice!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 09:58 PM   #19
subliminalaudio
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Really Bmw !!?? ??????
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #20
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminalaudio View Post
Really Bmw !!?? ??????
For a minute there I thought this was a pic from a recent auto show showing the same condensation issue but it's actually the same pic from 2016! Where have you been? Lol
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #21
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Nice

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0