E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > New England ED pricing

03-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Rick Hartley
Rep
Drives: looking at 335xi

New England ED pricing

What dealers are giving the best European Delivery deals???
(Or, who is charging less than ED retail?)

And, related to this - what are opinions about buying from
a different dealer than the local one who will service the car??
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

You can check with Keith Cox @ Tulley in Nashua or Brian @ BMW of Stratham. He's done a number of ED deliveries.
One downside of buying a car at a different dealer than the one you are going
to use for service/warranty is that you won't get a loaner car.
In my opinion it is not worth saving 500$/a few bucks on the initial purchase but
having to deal with all the hassle in the aftermath .
It's more important to build a long term relationship which will be worth way more in
the long run .

- Jan
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
D0WNxiSH1FT
Spooling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Subaru WRX

Is that true for BMW?

My WRX was purchased in NY and yet MA dealers give me service and offer me loaner cars.

My Mother's Acura MDX was purchased in New Hampshire and is serviced in NY and she gets loaner cars.

You have to remember the Sales Dept and Service Dept are two entirely different companies, neither care about the other. If you constantly go to one service dept they will give you great service, loaner car, better warranty work, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hartley View Post
What dealers are giving the best European Delivery deals???
(Or, who is charging less than ED retail?)

And, related to this - what are opinions about buying from
a different dealer than the local one who will service the car??
they will never treat you as well if you didn't buy the car from them. for example, if they are very busy they will probably bump you to the back of the line in order to treat their customers first who bought cars from them.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
D0WNxiSH1FT
Spooling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
they will never treat you as well if you didn't buy the car from them. for example, if they are very busy they will probably bump you to the back of the line in order to treat their customers first who bought cars from them.
What!? The service department does not care where you bought the car from. You are giving them business and will continue to do so mile after mile. Sales is 1 time, service is over the years.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WNxiSH1FT View Post
What!? The service department does not care where you bought the car from. You are giving them business and will continue to do so mile after mile. Sales is 1 time, service is over the years.
what ever you say boss.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
D0WNxiSH1FT
Spooling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what ever you say boss.
I'm sure some places try to be snobby but in reality money is money. Bob in service doesn't care if you bought the car from them or from BMW of timbuktu. You are going to them and it is there job to give you exceptional service so that you will continue to come back.

Audi doesn't care, Acura doesn't care, Subaru doesn't care...so is it just BMW that has their head up their butt?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure some places try to be snobby but in reality money is money. Bob in service doesn't care if you bought the car from them or from BMW of timbuktu. You are going to them and it is there job to give you exceptional service so that you will continue to come back.

Audi doesn't care, Acura doesn't care, Subaru doesn't care...so is it just BMW that has their head up their butt?
bob in service doesnt care but ask his boss.
when and if you go in for service on a busy saturday and you didnt buy your bmw from them and they have 15 other customers who did buy their car from them, who do you think is going to suck the hind tit? then try getting a loaner from them too.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #9
D0WNxiSH1FT
Spooling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
bob in service doesnt care but ask his boss.
when and if you go in for service on a busy saturday and you didnt buy your bmw from them and they have 15 other customers who did buy their car from them, who do you think is going to suck the hind tit? then try getting a loaner from them too.
His boss also does not work for the Sales Department.

If the place is packed you wait in line based on when you got there and a loaner is only necessary for long term work. Loaner cars are covered under warranty from BMWNA not BobSmithBMW.

Im not arguing obviously, but hopefully BMW Dealers recognize a customer is the same no matter where they purchased the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
His boss also does not work for the Sales Department.

If the place is packed you wait in line based on when you got there and a loaner is only necessary for long term work. Loaner cars are covered under warranty from BMWNA not BobSmithBMW.

Im not arguing obviously, but hopefully BMW Dealers recognize a customer is the same no matter where they purchased the car.
the service manager (boss) knows where he bought the car as soon as he enters the vehicle into his system..
i'm telling you based on my experiences that they do in fact care where you buy your car from. i'm also talking about getting a loaner car for routine maintenance work i.e. oil changes and not warranty work.
im not arguing either but i'm telling you that bmw dealers do in fact care where you buy your car from. they will still service the car if you didnt buy from them but they will not treat you as well as if you did buy from them. you may end up sitting for a very long time in that little room with the small tv and the coffee machine or waiting for someone to pick you up and drop you back off much later.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #11
D0WNxiSH1FT
Spooling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
the service manager (boss) knows where he bought the car as soon as he enters the vehicle into his system..
i'm telling you based on my experiences that they do in fact care where you buy your car from. i'm also talking about getting a loaner car for routine maintenance work i.e. oil changes and not warranty work.
im not arguing either but i'm telling you that bmw dealers do in fact care where you buy your car from. they will still service the car if you didnt buy from them but they will not treat you as well as if you did buy from them. you may end up sitting for a very long time in that little room with the small tv and the coffee machine or waiting for someone to pick you up and drop you back off much later.
That is unfortunate.

Now here's real service...

A co-worker has a Volvo C70 convertible and even for an oil change Volvo will drive to our office, drop off a loaner, take his car, service it, drive it back to our office and take their loaner back. For a freaking oil change, and he is from Pennsylvania and we live in Boston.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #12
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is unfortunate.

Now here's real service...

A co-worker has a Volvo C70 convertible and even for an oil change Volvo will drive to our office, drop off a loaner, take his car, service it, drive it back to our office and take their loaner back. For a freaking oil change, and he is from Pennsylvania and we live in Boston.
maybe because volvo sales are sluggish.
i think that when you get your bmw you will see what i'm talking about if you sevice it from a different dealer from which you had purchased it.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #13
D0WNxiSH1FT
Spooling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
maybe because volvo sales are sluggish.
i think that when you get your bmw you will see what i'm talking about if you sevice it from a different dealer from which you had purchased it.
yea im sure you are right, unfortunately.

Where in Boston are you?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #14
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yea im sure you are right, unfortunately.

Where in Boston are you?
i'm south of boston during the work week and down the cape on holidays and weekends.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #15
D0WNxiSH1FT
Spooling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i'm south of boston during the work week and down the cape on holidays and weekends.
Oh nice I work in Wellesley and live in Boston. Used to be in the Backbay. I have friends in the South Shore. What BMW do you go to? BMW Gallery and Herb Chambers are near me.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh nice I work in Wellesley and live in Boston. Used to be in the Backbay. I have friends in the South Shore. What BMW do you go to? BMW Gallery and Herb Chambers are near me.
gallery in norwell. my dad uses herbs even though i beg him not to but he knows them very well.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #17
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
I would not go to Herb again, except for the parts department.
      03-03-2008, 06:45 AM   #18
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
My car was purchased in Florida and I take it to places up here. Ive taken it to Nashua and Peabody. Peabody owns Nashua comfort wise.

I am not sure if I wont get a loaner or not since I never wanted one incase anything happens plus my car hasnt been in the bmw shop long enough.
      03-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #19
carrabassett786
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 328i

I bought at Ira, and took into Bill Dodge once for a quickie fix, that was fine and dandy, they were nice. Their waiting area is cramped and their loaners smell like cigs if you schedule 3 weeks out. Ira will come to Portland and pick up my car and leave me a loaner though, and they have a fleet of 335xi's, so Ira wins out then...

E90 328i Space Gray/Chestnut ZMP 2MF ZP2 ZV2 ZCV ZCW-washers HK SAT 3rd Pedal ED 2011.10.10
E90 325xi BSM/Terra ZSP ZPP ZCW Adaptive Xenons SAT 3rd pedal
Gone
E53 X5 3.0i Black Sapphire/Truffle ZPP ZCW ZRC Xenon Nav
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #20
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
If I was the Service Area Manager, this is probably the reality of the situation. If I have two customers, and one of them is getting irrirtated that they cannot get a loaner even though they bought their car at this dealership, they would get my vote for the loaner. Of course, if neither complains, then it would probably be first-come-first-served unless it is reserved ahead of time.

When I testing cars, I went to Herb Chambers and Peabody to try out the 335i. During the discussion, the salesman at Herb Chambers salesman realized that I would probably bring in the car to that dealership for service, due to the fact that I live downtown. He told me that I would only be entitled to a loaner if I purchased from Herb Chambers. I bought from FMW. I service at FMW, and get great assistance from FMW.

Now, when I move to Chicago in a few months, I am glad that there are a few really good dealerships that don't care where you buy the car. My brother bought an X5 at auction, and received loaners and great service out there.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #21
ede92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Cab 7MT

Call Anthony Elliott or Tom McDonald at BMW Gallery Norwell and you should be able to get $1K over ED wholesale pricing.

Send me a private IM and I can give you my name for referral.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #22
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ede92 View Post
Call Anthony Elliott or Tom McDonald at BMW Gallery Norwell and you should be able to get $1K over ED wholesale pricing.

Send me a private IM and I can give you my name for referral.
There are an awful lot of BMW dealers in the greater Boston area. Depending on the model, you should be able to do better than $1k over ED invoice.