E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Daytime Running Lights Carly Question Before I Buy

02-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #1
kmx
Private First Class
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i MSport

Daytime Running Lights Carly Question Before I Buy

Hello

Ive got a 07 e90 335 with idrive and its one of the weird ones without the DRL options.

I see the DRL options on the carly site calls for the light selector to be in the "0" position for DRL angel eyes to kick in.

My question is, i like to leave my car on Auto headlights, will the DRL run when on the auto position also, even when its bright out and the lights are clearly off.

The value for me in buying this is so i dont have to mess around with the light dial but if i have to keep moving it from "0" to "On" when its dark out i might as well leave it as is and just move it to DRL manually.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 11:39 PM   #2
328nick
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

I can't comment exactly on how Carly implements this, but I coded my car with NCS Expert to use Angel eyes as DRL. This means no matter what position the switch is in, the angel eyes will be on.
Now my car being a Canadian model already had DRL set ON as default, so it was just a matter of changing from the high beam DRL to angel eyes DRL.
My car is a 06/2007 328i
      02-03-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
SuperDuperDylan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328nick View Post
I can't comment exactly on how Carly implements this, but I coded my car with NCS Expert to use Angel eyes as DRL. This means no matter what position the switch is in, the angel eyes will be on.
Now my car being a Canadian model already had DRL set ON as default, so it was just a matter of changing from the high beam DRL to angel eyes DRL.
My car is a 06/2007 328i
I’ve tried doing this with Carly and they won’t turn on for me. Any tips?
Appreciate 0