F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Need help deciding on which brake pads to upgrade to
ARMA SPEED

02-25-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
BimmerF32_430i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Need help deciding on which brake pads to upgrade to

So after dropping my brothers car off for service, I was given a 2016 Audi A3 as a loaner for the day. Soon as I began driving out the dealer, I noticed just how much more initial bite the brakes had. At first, I was really annoyed, but I got used to it. I then had a chance to test drive the S5 (which I was pretty impressed by until I saw the price tag) and it had much better braking performance as well.

So fast forward a day, and I'm back in my 335i. I never realized how poor the initial bite is on these stock brakes, and I'm now wanting to upgrade to some better pads in hopes it solves my issue with these brakes. I have a sportline 335i, so it has the 4 piston calipers up front and the 1 piston out back. From the little research I've done, it seems the brake pads that come with the m sport brake upgrades have much better initial bite but also a lot of brake dust.

I want brake pads that have great initial bite, near OEM stopping power, and don't squeal. I don't mind the brake dust as much as I clean my car a lot anyway. Can anyone recommend some pads?
All I see on ECS, turner, and tirerack are stop tech, centric, and then oem. I was hoping to find some hawk or akebono but I don't see those..
Appreciate 0