03-16-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
1swift1
I pass gas for a living.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Anyone try this Race Gas concentrate?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Race+Gas/814/1...=20160316email

Any feedback? All we have in my area is 91 octane, so I'm curious if this really works well...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

It's called water meth injection. Get installed, get tuned, and thank me later when you are ridiculously happy with your car. But, with that said, here's the reply I almost just gave you:

It's got that manganese shit in it. This is the same kind of octane booster you can buy at the auto parts store / gas station. Basically, you don't want to use this stuff. It does increase octane, but it will leave deposits if you use it in any meaningful amount and probably mess up your o2 sensors. Source: I used this stuff in a shifter kart when I was too dumb to buy race gas and it left a lot of deposits.

In short, there are 2 good ways to get high octane gas (lead additives which have their own issues with cats and o2 sensors, or proper blend of hydrocarbons). You're better off buying race gas OR opening an account at a paint store and buying drums of Toluene / Xylene to mix with your pump gas. That comes with its own issues though and you would really be a lot better off with a good water / meth setup.
Appreciate 0